Bruce

posted before, but list is getting long. I got this reply from Unlead,
saying it is a windows problem and to contact microsoft. I am trying to
assoc. .bmp, .jpg's and other pic files to Uleads Photo impact 10, everytime
I try it will not apear in the recommended or other programs?
Below Ulead's answer is the original post

Uleads answer: (2nd one)
"You have to click on "Browse" and open the folder where "Iedit.exe" is
located
and choose it from there. Once you chose "Iedit.exe" and clicked on "Open",
PhotoImpact should appear on the "Recommended Programs" or "Other Programs"
list. If is still not there, then this is already a problem of your Windows
XP
operating system. Please contact Microsoft Tech Support on how to solve this
problem.

"I am having trouble, I have installed Uleads photo impact 10. I want to
assoc. my pictueres with the program. I go to the file assoc. click .jpg,
browse for the appropriate .exe file. I find it open it, but it never
appears in the dialog box?

Or i right click, select program from list, then browse, fine the file and
click open, but it never appears in the dialog box. Program runs fine, and
opens from its open menu.
But I can't see to get it in the list so it opens the file all the time?
thanks
bRuce "

Not exactly sure what you have done, but, try this:
Open Windows Explorer, navigate to a .jpg, .bmp or whatever file you want
associated with PI10, right click on the file and select "Open with....".
From the list of proggies, choose Ulead Photo Impact 10, or, if not listed
select "Choose Program."
Then put a check in the box next to "Always use this program to open this
file type" (or something to that effect). You will have to do the same
for each different file type.
There may be an easier way, but, this worked for me.
Heirloom, old and gotta go to
Wally World

"Bruce" <notreally@idontwantoo.com> wrote in message
> posted before, but list is getting long. I got this reply from Unlead,
> saying it is a windows problem and to contact microsoft. I am trying to
> assoc. .bmp, .jpg's and other pic files to Uleads Photo impact 10,
> everytime I try it will not apear in the recommended or other programs?
> Below Ulead's answer is the original post
>
> Uleads answer: (2nd one)
> "You have to click on "Browse" and open the folder where "Iedit.exe" is
> located
> and choose it from there. Once you chose "Iedit.exe" and clicked on
> "Open",
> PhotoImpact should appear on the "Recommended Programs" or "Other
> Programs"
> list. If is still not there, then this is already a problem of your
> Windows XP
> operating system. Please contact Microsoft Tech Support on how to solve
> this
> problem.
>
> "I am having trouble, I have installed Uleads photo impact 10. I want to
> assoc. my pictueres with the program. I go to the file assoc. click .jpg,
> browse for the appropriate .exe file. I find it open it, but it never
> appears in the dialog box?
>
> Or i right click, select program from list, then browse, fine the file and
> click open, but it never appears in the dialog box. Program runs fine, and
> opens from its open menu.
> But I can't see to get it in the list so it opens the file all the time?
> thanks
> bRuce "

I would uninstall then reinstall Photoimpact with the most recent updates.
The install program should give you the option of which files you want to
associate with it.

"Bruce" wrote:

> posted before, but list is getting long. I got this reply from Unlead,
> saying it is a windows problem and to contact microsoft. I am trying to
> assoc. .bmp, .jpg's and other pic files to Uleads Photo impact 10, everytime
> I try it will not apear in the recommended or other programs?
> Below Ulead's answer is the original post
>
> Uleads answer: (2nd one)
> "You have to click on "Browse" and open the folder where "Iedit.exe" is
> located
> and choose it from there. Once you chose "Iedit.exe" and clicked on "Open",
> PhotoImpact should appear on the "Recommended Programs" or "Other Programs"
> list. If is still not there, then this is already a problem of your Windows
> XP
> operating system. Please contact Microsoft Tech Support on how to solve this
> problem.
>
> "I am having trouble, I have installed Uleads photo impact 10. I want to
> assoc. my pictueres with the program. I go to the file assoc. click .jpg,
> browse for the appropriate .exe file. I find it open it, but it never
> appears in the dialog box?
>
> Or i right click, select program from list, then browse, fine the file and
> click open, but it never appears in the dialog box. Program runs fine, and
> opens from its open menu.
> But I can't see to get it in the list so it opens the file all the time?
> thanks
> bRuce "

Hi,

Go to start, run, type regedit, press <enter>

Navigate to this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\

There will be a list of extentions, .bmp, .jpg, etc. Each one if you
expand it it will have a OpenWithList, edit that list to show where it
should find the program to open that type of file.

Hope this Helps

Bruce

hi
Thanks, I tried right after posting and it worked. Tech support for Ulead
and there newsgroup, said they thought it was a windows problem. Glad I
didn't reinstall windows lol

"jerryrock" <jerryrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would uninstall then reinstall Photoimpact with the most recent updates.
> The install program should give you the option of which files you want to
> associate with it.
>
> "Bruce" wrote:
>
>> posted before, but list is getting long. I got this reply from Unlead,
>> saying it is a windows problem and to contact microsoft. I am trying to
>> assoc. .bmp, .jpg's and other pic files to Uleads Photo impact 10,
>> everytime
>> I try it will not apear in the recommended or other programs?
>> Below Ulead's answer is the original post
>>
>> Uleads answer: (2nd one)
>> "You have to click on "Browse" and open the folder where "Iedit.exe" is
>> located
>> and choose it from there. Once you chose "Iedit.exe" and clicked on
>> "Open",
>> PhotoImpact should appear on the "Recommended Programs" or "Other
>> Programs"
>> list. If is still not there, then this is already a problem of your
>> Windows
>> XP
>> operating system. Please contact Microsoft Tech Support on how to solve
>> this
>> problem.
>>
>> "I am having trouble, I have installed Uleads photo impact 10. I want to
>> assoc. my pictueres with the program. I go to the file assoc. click .jpg,
>> browse for the appropriate .exe file. I find it open it, but it never
>> appears in the dialog box?
>>
>> Or i right click, select program from list, then browse, fine the file
>> and
>> click open, but it never appears in the dialog box. Program runs fine,
>> and
>> opens from its open menu.
>> But I can't see to get it in the list so it opens the file all the time?
>> thanks
>> bRuce "

TRENDING THREADS