Silly Windows message about protection software

Hello, All!

After the latest update on booting Windows XP I frequently get
the red shield telling me that protection software is not
installed and telling me to click the balloon to fix the
problem. I always have McAfee virus and firewall installed but
Windows insists on this warning. If I do click the balloon, the
security center opens and closes with a happy computer and no
red shield! If I just ignore things the red shield also goes
away eventually. I certainly would like to be warned if my
protection software was really not installed but I think this
crying "Wolf!" will have its traditional effect. Is there
anything I can do about it?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA

it'll go away in a few days