Forgot Computer Login Password!

September 9, 2005 3:59:29 PM

Uh oh....my boyfriend changed his login password yesterday, didn't write it
down, already completely forgot it (the hint he chose made sense at the time,
I guess? but it's like a practical joke!) so he can't log onto his computer
at all and has tons of work to do. In other words, he's losing it! I'm
trying to help, but know very little about computers. Can't get onto his
computer to get his PID number, so tried to use mine for microsoft online
help, but seems mine doesn't qualify. I'd love to save the day before he
drives me crazy! PLEASE HELP - ANY SUGGESTIONS??? THANKS!
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 11:55:28 PM

NaomiMichelle, check here

"NaomiMichelle" <NaomiMichelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Uh oh....my boyfriend changed his login password yesterday, didn't write
> it
> down, already completely forgot it (the hint he chose made sense at the
> time,
> I guess? but it's like a practical joke!) so he can't log onto his
> computer
> at all and has tons of work to do. In other words, he's losing it! I'm
> trying to help, but know very little about computers. Can't get onto his
> computer to get his PID number, so tried to use mine for microsoft online
> help, but seems mine doesn't qualify. I'd love to save the day before he
> drives me crazy! PLEASE HELP - ANY SUGGESTIONS??? THANKS!
September 10, 2005 4:22:43 AM

In news:4F9E5223-77FD-462E-88DC-BC9F8FE04369@microsoft.com,
NaomiMichelle <NaomiMichelle@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Uh oh....my boyfriend changed his login password yesterday, didn't
> write it down, already completely forgot it (the hint he chose made
> sense at the time, I guess? but it's like a practical joke!) so he
> can't log onto his computer at all and has tons of work to do. In
> other words, he's losing it! I'm trying to help, but know very
> little about computers. Can't get onto his computer to get his PID
> number, so tried to use mine for microsoft online help, but seems
> mine doesn't qualify. I'd love to save the day before he drives me
> crazy! PLEASE HELP - ANY SUGGESTIONS??? THANKS!

Log on as admin, press start > run > type "control userpasswords" > enter >
and change his password.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
!