New Radeon 8500 for homer.

evil_homer

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Ok so in about a week or so my new 8500 will be ariving at my door step, but as there seems to be driver "leaks" from ATI about every twenty minutes or so, and me having been with Nvidia for so long, I find myself at a loss as what to do about drivers. I now ask for the wisdom of the fourms local ATI gods for advice. My sys specs are as follows:

800Mhz AMD t-bird
mobo using the VIA kt133a chipset
256 megs of SDRAM
Win 2K pro
Linux Mandrake 8

Keyboard not found press F5 to continue.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
The 6014 and 6025 drivers found on ATI's website will work quite well. Remember that the leaked drivers are BETAs. They are still being tweeked and developed, so they may cause problems, or they may run perfectly.

Rage3d is a good forum for ATI problems, as is here.

AMD_Man, any word on when the next official driver release will be for ATI? Are they waiting to release their new 8500 flavor at the same time?

I do not like it Tom you see,
I do not like green PCB.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
The 6014 and 6025 drivers found on ATI's website will work quite well. Remember that the leaked drivers are BETAs. They are still being tweeked and developed, so they may cause problems, or they may run perfectly.

Rage3d is a good forum for ATI problems, as is here.

AMD_Man, any word on when the next official driver release will be for ATI? Are they waiting to release their new 8500 flavor at the same time?

I do not like it Tom you see,
I do not like green PCB.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
ATI doesn't release official drivers very often because it takes a while to get them WHQL certified. The next official drivers will probably come in the next week or so.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
It's always good to be optimistic. They'll probably release them as Betas though.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor