Trade my GTS even up for AIW Radeon 32mb?

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I have an offer from a friend to trade my GTS for a AIW Radeon 32mb.
I already have a ati tv wonder but it doesnt want to work well with my nvidia graphics card.

What is the gaming difference between a GTS and a AIW radeon on the latest drivers? I found many reviews written long ago on the AIW radeon but nothing lately.

"dude your getting a dell", is that kid trying to say he wants to stick his 'dell' in you?

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I'd make that trade in a second (but I'm only a casual gamer). Radeon has better visuals, plus the TV and VIVO functions. You probably would loose a little performance . The AIW was slower clocked than the Radeon DDR. Initially the Radeon DDR was much slower than the GTS. Newer drivers changed that (for both cards). I have no idea how the two cards you mentioned compare now except most GTS's were pretty good overclockers the Radeon AIW's were not. If you don't overclock it's hard to say but a Radeon AIW is worth more than GTS in my mind.

Maybe some Radeon owners will speak up on how drivers have improved things since the early Radeon days. As a GTS owner, I'm sure you know how the nVidia 21.x drivers gave a big jump in performance for Geforce cards. Later drivers produced a little more. I'd say Geforce cards, with Today's drivers, are about 30% faster than they were at the release time of the Radeon. That gives Radeon drivers a faster target to hit but I don't know how they stand, Today.

Does Madonion separate Radeon AIW 3DMark2001 results from Radeon DDR results? If so, compare these against your own benchmarks. Or just benchmark your system and your friend's system.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>