luser

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi all.

I assembled my first "quiet" system some weeks ago, growing tired of the constant noise from my old one. Got an old TNT graphics card in it now, just because i wanted to have card without a fan. Since it's such a sucky card compared to the ones that are available today, i thought it might cut down on my gaming also,... It did.... And i could concentrate on more "good" things, like programming and stuff... You know... u want to get rid of that awful feeling u get when u have played 7-8 hours a day for a week or so... So i thought the old card would be a good solution...

But know i have realised... i gotta play games...i have given in... No idea fooling myself anymore...

The prob is, i still want quiet pc... So, what graphics card do u recommend, the 8500 or the geforce3? I'm not interested in the geforce4, since i read the article by toms hardware, where they compared Creatives 4400 with a "blow-drier for your hair".

Hit me...

//Luser

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
the 8500 or the geforce3
both cards should not have a loud fan (i know the R8500 doesnt have a loud fan).

<b><A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2932776" target="_new">P4 + DDR333</A>=<font color=blue>OK</font color=blue></b>

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
The 8500 is a bit quieter than the GF3, but it's not a significant ammount, as your PSU fan makes about as much noise, if not more.

I do not like it Tom you see,
I do not like green PCB.

MoneyMike

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
GeForce 4 is the best...if your gonna waste your money...why not waste it on the best card?

all equal sounds unless your some kind of dog that hears everything

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Are you calling a graphics card a waste of money? A lot of gamers and enthusiasts will disagree with you.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Video cards make noise? I'm sorry, I couldn't hear what you said over my hard drive. Seriously, I have a plastic case, so I can't hear my video card fan, and I'm using a 700RPM 50mm fan on mine!

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

TRENDING THREADS