How can I make things louder

September 10, 2005 5:40:24 AM

10/Sep/2005 1:26

How can I make things louder in Win. Media Player? Using F-10 or the
slider doesn't work.

I have Windows XP Pro.

Thank you.

Barry Karas

More about : make things louder

Anonymous
September 10, 2005 5:40:25 AM

If you have a sound card,open device mgr,scroll to sound,expand the tree,
locate the hardware,R.click,select uninstall,then shutdown computer,do not
restart.Power off,move the pci card to diffrent slot,restart computer,xp will
reinstall,after restart,install drivers from mfg web site for the
card.Also,having
volume control on the speakers makes a huge diffrence in volume.

"Barry Karas" wrote:

> 10/Sep/2005 1:26
>
> How can I make things louder in Win. Media Player? Using F-10 or the
> slider doesn't work.
>
> I have Windows XP Pro.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Barry Karas

Anonymous
September 12, 2005 10:02:40 AM

05:48 9/12/2005

PCI card -- where is it in a notebook? There are six choices under
"sound" -- which one s/b chosen?

Thanks,

Barry Karas

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:52:02 -0700, Andrew E. <eckrichco@msn.com>
wrote:

> If you have a sound card,open device mgr,scroll to sound,expand the tree,
> locate the hardware,R.click,select uninstall,then shutdown computer,do not
> restart.Power off,move the pci card to diffrent slot,restart computer,xp will
> reinstall,after restart,install drivers from mfg web site for the
>card.Also,having
> volume control on the speakers makes a huge diffrence in volume.
>
>"Barry Karas" wrote:
>
>> 10/Sep/2005 1:26
>>
>> How can I make things louder in Win. Media Player? Using F-10 or the
>> slider doesn't work.
>>
>> I have Windows XP Pro.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Barry Karas

September 13, 2005 1:59:30 AM

Make sure the master volume is up - use the volume control on the taskbar or
the hardware volume buttons on your laptop.

If that's not enough, check that all the sub controls for sound are up -
especially the one for wav/mp3.

Double click on the volume control in the taskbar - you should see many
volum controls. The one on the far left is the master - this is what you
control with the taskbar volume control. Make sure the wav/mp3 volume is
sufficiently high.
\

~~~~~~~~~~~~
">
>"Barry Karas" wrote:
>
>> 10/Sep/2005 1:26
>>
>> How can I make things louder in Win. Media Player? Using F-10 or the
>> slider doesn't work.
>>
>> I have Windows XP Pro.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Barry Karas

Anonymous
September 13, 2005 4:34:28 AM

Barry Karas wrote:
> 10/Sep/2005 1:26
>
> How can I make things louder in Win. Media Player? Using F-10 or the
> slider doesn't work.
>
> I have Windows XP Pro.

Louder than what?

You mention elsewhere in this thread that this is a laptop.. You are
limited by that. The internal speakers are not gong to be the best or
"booming" by any means. The headphone jack, unless you plug powered
speakers in, MAY be pushing 1 to 5 watts of screaming power.. but that is
it.

If you have maxed all the sliders and such via software controls - you are
left with getting a powered set of speakers/headphones to boost the sound or
a USB/PCMCIA sound solution that has it's own built in amplification.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

!