How can I make things louder

10/Sep/2005 1:26

How can I make things louder in Win. Media Player? Using F-10 or the
slider doesn't work.

I have Windows XP Pro.

Thank you.

Barry Karas
5 answers Last reply
More about make things louder

    If you have a sound card,open device mgr,scroll to sound,expand the tree,
    locate the hardware,R.click,select uninstall,then shutdown computer,do not
    restart.Power off,move the pci card to diffrent slot,restart computer,xp will
    reinstall,after restart,install drivers from mfg web site for the
    card.Also,having
    volume control on the speakers makes a huge diffrence in volume.

    "Barry Karas" wrote:

    > 10/Sep/2005 1:26
    >
    > How can I make things louder in Win. Media Player? Using F-10 or the
    > slider doesn't work.
    >
    > I have Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Barry Karas

    05:48 9/12/2005

    PCI card -- where is it in a notebook? There are six choices under
    "sound" -- which one s/b chosen?

    Thanks,

    Barry Karas

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:52:02 -0700, Andrew E. <eckrichco@msn.com>
    wrote:

    > If you have a sound card,open device mgr,scroll to sound,expand the tree,
    > locate the hardware,R.click,select uninstall,then shutdown computer,do not
    > restart.Power off,move the pci card to diffrent slot,restart computer,xp will
    > reinstall,after restart,install drivers from mfg web site for the
    >card.Also,having
    > volume control on the speakers makes a huge diffrence in volume.
    >
    >"Barry Karas" wrote:
    >
    >> 10/Sep/2005 1:26
    >>
    >> How can I make things louder in Win. Media Player? Using F-10 or the
    >> slider doesn't work.
    >>
    >> I have Windows XP Pro.
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> Barry Karas

    Make sure the master volume is up - use the volume control on the taskbar or
    the hardware volume buttons on your laptop.

    If that's not enough, check that all the sub controls for sound are up -
    especially the one for wav/mp3.

    Double click on the volume control in the taskbar - you should see many
    volum controls. The one on the far left is the master - this is what you
    control with the taskbar volume control. Make sure the wav/mp3 volume is
    sufficiently high.
    \

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ">

    Barry Karas wrote:
    > 10/Sep/2005 1:26
    >
    > How can I make things louder in Win. Media Player? Using F-10 or the
    > slider doesn't work.
    >
    > I have Windows XP Pro.

    Louder than what?

    You mention elsewhere in this thread that this is a laptop.. You are
    limited by that. The internal speakers are not gong to be the best or
    "booming" by any means. The headphone jack, unless you plug powered
    speakers in, MAY be pushing 1 to 5 watts of screaming power.. but that is
    it.

    If you have maxed all the sliders and such via software controls - you are
    left with getting a powered set of speakers/headphones to boost the sound or
    a USB/PCMCIA sound solution that has it's own built in amplification.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    wrote:

    > If you have a sound card,open device mgr,scroll to sound,expand the tree,
    > locate the hardware,R.click,select uninstall,then shutdown computer,do not
    > restart.Power off,move the pci card to diffrent slot,restart computer,xp will
    > reinstall,after restart,install drivers from mfg web site for the
    >card.Also,having
    > volume control on the speakers makes a huge diffrence in volume.
    >
    >"Barry Karas" wrote:
    >
    >> 10/Sep/2005 1:26
    >>
    >> How can I make things louder in Win. Media Player? Using F-10 or the
    >> slider doesn't work.
    >>
    >> I have Windows XP Pro.
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> Barry Karas