no os cd to use after hd formatting

Need help. y home computer got too many virsuses to fix. Need to
reformat hard drvie but our computer came preloaded with windows xp and
no disks. Last time this happened had to spend $$$ at Best buy where we
boutgh it for them to fix. They said the os is hidden somewhere i the
system. Is there a wauy to extract this before I wipe out the drive? I
can only start up in safe mode. Any help is appreciated. :mad:

--
spyda

All computer manufacturers do it differently.
Check your manual and/or contact the computer manufacturer for details on
your particular system.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"spyda" <spyda.1v4odn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Need help. y home computer got too many virsuses to fix. Need to
> reformat hard drvie but our computer came preloaded with windows xp and
> no disks. Last time this happened had to spend $$$ at Best buy where we
> boutgh it for them to fix. They said the os is hidden somewhere i the
> system. Is there a wauy to extract this before I wipe out the drive? I
> can only start up in safe mode. Any help is appreciated. :mad:
>

> --
> spyda

What is the make and model number of your computer.
The manual should tell you how to enter that hidden partition.
If you cant find your manual, try the manufacturer's web site for support
and a manual.
If you bought at Best Buy, good luck.