Sound disappears after a while

Jan

Have an Asus with nForce chipset onboard sound. It works ok, but after
a while the sound just disappears, it can take minutes or hours. I have
to reboot every time, any fix or tip that's quicker than reboot?

There's no specific pattern, it happens when using VoIP like Skype and
VoIPBuster. Haven't tried playing music long enough to see if it also
happens with Windows Media Player.

I cannot see anything wrong in the device manager or control panel or
sound settings. All looks fine.

Can't recall when it occured, but it may have been after installing SP2
on XP.

XP Sp2
256MB RAM
AMD XP1700+
nvidia nforce mcp audio processing unit dolby digital
Driver: 5.10.2841.0

dl

Tried visiting your mobo or nvidea site for updated drivers, I believe
theyre v6.***** now

"Jan" <janoleolsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Have an Asus with nForce chipset onboard sound. It works ok, but after
> a while the sound just disappears, it can take minutes or hours. I have
> to reboot every time, any fix or tip that's quicker than reboot?
>
> There's no specific pattern, it happens when using VoIP like Skype and
> VoIPBuster. Haven't tried playing music long enough to see if it also
> happens with Windows Media Player.
>
> I cannot see anything wrong in the device manager or control panel or
> sound settings. All looks fine.
>
> Can't recall when it occured, but it may have been after installing SP2
> on XP.
>
> XP Sp2
> 256MB RAM
> AMD XP1700+
> nvidia nforce mcp audio processing unit dolby digital
> Driver: 5.10.2841.0

Smoke_06

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Did you get it to work Jan? I am facing the same issue here..