Lost all desktop icons & Start menu & Taskbar at bottom, P..

I have a huge problem that was caused by me trying to delete what I thought
were viruses. I went into my "processes running" in the windows task manager
and deleted (End Process) what I thought were viruses. I was wrong. I deleted
all of my desktop icons and the toolbar/taskbar on the bottom that includes
my "start" icon. I can not figure out how to get it back to where it was
before I screwed it up. I have tried system restore. Please help.
1 answer Last reply
More about lost desktop icons start menu taskbar bottom

    Hopefully you haven't done too much damage !

    Line 117 – Restore Taskbar and Start Menu

    or Line #195 "Restore Desktop Icons and Taskbar"

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318027
    Taskbar Is Missing When You Log On to Windows

    "davealex1" <davealex1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a huge problem that was caused by me trying to delete what I thought
    > were viruses. I went into my "processes running" in the windows task manager
    > and deleted (End Process) what I thought were viruses. I was wrong. I deleted
    > all of my desktop icons and the toolbar/taskbar on the bottom that includes
    > my "start" icon. I can not figure out how to get it back to where it was
    > before I screwed it up. I have tried system restore. Please help.

Taskbar Start Menu Desktop Icons Windows XP