Monarch Computers

Mabelrode

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2004
Anyone have any experiences with these people? I am looking at getting a new high end gaming system with probably an AMD FX53 processor and other goodies. I see that they have a good resellerratings score. I am looking to get a PC built with better care than my last one. I do not want to build my own and I do not want to pay VoodooPC type of prices, but I am willing to pay a bit extra to Monarch if I think I can get satisfaction. I am trying avoid avoid the cheaper place like Cyberpower and Ibuypower.

My last PC I purchased was through Cyberpower and I will never do that again as the wiring routing was haphazard, they did not hook up any of my USB ports in the front, failed to set up my memory in the proper dual channel modes, did not install my SB Audigy drivers, etc. They also claim to burn-in in the system for a few days which I find hard to believe.

Thanks for any input!

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Well, the BBB seems happy with them. Let's get this straight- there are no companies who NEVER screw up, but the big difference is in how they perform in clearing up the mess. BBB says that this company will do its very best.

=== SHOPPINGMAN!!! Never assume ANYTHING ====

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
You wrote "My last PC I purchased was through Cyberpower and I will never do that again as the wiring routing was haphazard, they did not hook up any of my USB ports in the front, failed to set up my memory in the proper dual channel modes, did not install my SB Audigy drivers, etc. They also claim to burn-in in the system for a few days which I find hard to believe."

Geez, sorry to hear it. I've got three systems from them and have had good luck. The last one, the mobo developed a prob after a couple months. Just called 'em and they some local tech's come take care of it.

Don't know about Monarch. Hope you have better luck with the new pc

Barton 2500+
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
9600 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE

rebturtle

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
Monarch was good to me. I honestly can't remember which part I bought there, but they were fair and everything arrived well packaged, new, and fully-functional.

<A HREF="http://www.rebturtle.com" target="_new">rebturtle</A>
<A HREF="http://www.rebturtle.com/turtletech.htm" target="_new">My System</A>