Upgrading BIOS on Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG 01/27/2003 Bu..

JJ

Im new to PCs and since my motherboard is three years old is it a good idea
to upgrade? I contacted the maker of my motherboard and they say an upgrade
is available and sent it to me for { DON'T CRACKUP} $49.00. I already read
that you can really mess up your PC if you do one thing wrong when upgrading.
Am I a fool for buying the upgrade? Please let me know as I can send the
Floppy discs back. Thanks all for your help.JJ

JJ,

Why are they charging money? What company is this? Don't they have a website where you can download the BIOS update?

Yes, you do have to be careful when doing a BIOS update. Make certain you study the manufacturer's instructions.

Keep this hardware group in mind: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

JJ wrote:
> Im new to PCs and since my motherboard is three years old is it a
> good idea to upgrade? I contacted the maker of my motherboard and
> they say an upgrade is available and sent it to me for { DON'T
> CRACKUP} $49.00. I already read that you can really mess up your PC
> if you do one thing wrong when upgrading. Am I a fool for buying the
> upgrade? Please let me know as I can send the Floppy discs back.
> Thanks all for your help.JJ

dl

If the pc functions ok and an upgrade doesnt offer greater functionality,
theres no need to upgrade anything.
PS never heard of a manu.that charges for software/driver updates
Who is this manu?