Upgrading BIOS on Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG 01/27/2003 Bu..

Im new to PCs and since my motherboard is three years old is it a good idea
to upgrade? I contacted the maker of my motherboard and they say an upgrade
is available and sent it to me for { DON'T CRACKUP} $49.00. I already read
that you can really mess up your PC if you do one thing wrong when upgrading.
Am I a fool for buying the upgrade? Please let me know as I can send the
Floppy discs back. Thanks all for your help.JJ
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrading bios award modular bios 00pg 2003

    JJ,

    Why are they charging money? What company is this? Don't they have a website where you can download the BIOS update?

    Yes, you do have to be careful when doing a BIOS update. Make certain you study the manufacturer's instructions.

    Keep this hardware group in mind: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    JJ wrote:
    > Im new to PCs and since my motherboard is three years old is it a
    > good idea to upgrade? I contacted the maker of my motherboard and
    > they say an upgrade is available and sent it to me for { DON'T
    > CRACKUP} $49.00. I already read that you can really mess up your PC
    > if you do one thing wrong when upgrading. Am I a fool for buying the
    > upgrade? Please let me know as I can send the Floppy discs back.
    > Thanks all for your help.JJ

    If the pc functions ok and an upgrade doesnt offer greater functionality,
    theres no need to upgrade anything.
    PS never heard of a manu.that charges for software/driver updates
    Who is this manu?

    "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Im new to PCs and since my motherboard is three years old is it a good
    idea
    > to upgrade? I contacted the maker of my motherboard and they say an
    upgrade
    > is available and sent it to me for { DON'T CRACKUP} $49.00. I already read
    > that you can really mess up your PC if you do one thing wrong when
    upgrading.
    > Am I a fool for buying the upgrade? Please let me know as I can send the
    > Floppy discs back. Thanks all for your help.JJ

BIOS Motherboards Windows XP