Problems with Quicktime Player

I've recently downloaded the latest version of Quicktime in order to play
Itunes. Any music I play from Quicktime is scratchy and distorted. If I use
WinAmp or WinMedia on the same music I don't have the problem. I uninstalled
and downloaded Quicktime several times to see if it was a download problem
but downloads of other software work just fine. Suggestions appreciated

Paul R
4 answers Last reply
More about problems quicktime player

    Don't recommend QuickTime. Use WMP version 10, its much better
    with many more features.
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "P Renfree" wrote:

    > I've recently downloaded the latest version of Quicktime in order to play
    > Itunes. Any music I play from Quicktime is scratchy and distorted. If I use
    > WinAmp or WinMedia on the same music I don't have the problem. I uninstalled
    > and downloaded Quicktime several times to see if it was a download problem
    > but downloads of other software work just fine. Suggestions appreciated
    >

    > Paul R

    WMP will NOT play .mov files, only QT will do that. There are some programs
    around that claim to convert .mov to other formats such as mpg, but I have
    not found any that truly work well.
    I use the new QT Pro and I have found no problems with it. The free QT does
    install items that I did NOT want installed is why I went to the Pro
    version.
    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Don't recommend QuickTime. Use WMP version 10, its much better
    > with many more features.
    > --
    > XP-WNP
    > Today is the first day of the
    > rest of your life.
    >

    > "P Renfree" wrote:
    >
    >> I've recently downloaded the latest version of Quicktime in order to play
    >> Itunes. Any music I play from Quicktime is scratchy and distorted. If I
    >> use
    >> WinAmp or WinMedia on the same music I don't have the problem. I
    >> uninstalled
    >> and downloaded Quicktime several times to see if it was a download
    >> problem
    >> but downloads of other software work just fine. Suggestions appreciated
    >>

    >> Paul R

    I'm new to Itunes. Are they written in .mov format?

    Paul R.

    "Jerry" <jhuffman@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    > WMP will NOT play .mov files, only QT will do that. There are some
    > programs around that claim to convert .mov to other formats such as mpg,
    > but I have not found any that truly work well.
    > I use the new QT Pro and I have found no problems with it. The free QT
    > does install items that I did NOT want installed is why I went to the Pro
    > version.
    > "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Don't recommend QuickTime. Use WMP version 10, its much better
    >> with many more features.
    >> --
    >> XP-WNP
    >> Today is the first day of the
    >> rest of your life.
    >>

    >> "P Renfree" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've recently downloaded the latest version of Quicktime in order to
    >>> play
    >>> Itunes. Any music I play from Quicktime is scratchy and distorted. If I
    >>> use
    >>> WinAmp or WinMedia on the same music I don't have the problem. I
    >>> uninstalled
    >>> and downloaded Quicktime several times to see if it was a download
    >>> problem
    >>> but downloads of other software work just fine. Suggestions appreciated
    >>>

    >>> Paul R

    I don't use itunes, so I don't know the format. Look at the file extension
    and see what it is. Generally .mov is a movie format for QT. If the
    extension is mp3 or other format then WMP should play it fine.

    "P Renfree" <prenfree@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm new to Itunes. Are they written in .mov format?
    >

    > Paul R.
    >

    > "Jerry" <jhuffman@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> WMP will NOT play .mov files, only QT will do that. There are some
    >> programs around that claim to convert .mov to other formats such as mpg,
    >> but I have not found any that truly work well.
    >> I use the new QT Pro and I have found no problems with it. The free QT
    >> does install items that I did NOT want installed is why I went to the Pro
    >> version.
    >> "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> Don't recommend QuickTime. Use WMP version 10, its much better
    >>> with many more features.
    >>> --
    >>> XP-WNP
    >>> Today is the first day of the