Read-only attributes

Windows XP, SP2, I.E. and O.E. When copying data to CD's, is there a way to
stop the Read-only attributes from being applied automatically? What is
Read-only good for anyway? I burned Excel data to a CD last week and this
week, I get an error message, saying something about the information cannot
be burned because it is Read-only.
inez
1 answer Last reply
More about read only attributes

    /inez/ said:

    > Windows XP, SP2, I.E. and O.E. When copying data to CD's, is there a way to
    > stop the Read-only attributes from being applied automatically? What is
    > Read-only good for anyway? I burned Excel data to a CD last week and this
    > week, I get an error message, saying something about the information cannot
    > be burned because it is Read-only.

    A CD/R is, by definition, READ ONLY. After copying data back to the hard
    drive, that can be changed.

    --
    For most XP answers and tweaks...
    http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org