Windows XP, SP2, I.E. and O.E. When copying data to CD's, is there a way to
stop the Read-only attributes from being applied automatically? What is
Read-only good for anyway? I burned Excel data to a CD last week and this
week, I get an error message, saying something about the information cannot
be burned because it is Read-only.
inez

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/inez/ said:

> Windows XP, SP2, I.E. and O.E. When copying data to CD's, is there a way to
> stop the Read-only attributes from being applied automatically? What is
> Read-only good for anyway? I burned Excel data to a CD last week and this
> week, I get an error message, saying something about the information cannot
> be burned because it is Read-only.

A CD/R is, by definition, READ ONLY. After copying data back to the hard
drive, that can be changed.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org