Whats with the delay in GF4 ti cards shipping?

cyn1k

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
I now have my brand new computer sitting in my room all ready to be hooked up.. however, I still dont have a video card! I've been waiting for the geforce4 ti4400's to come in, and now I'm getting mixed information from people.. I've heard that the gf4's were recalled for some reason so they are delayed.. Also some sites say they will get them by march 20th, others say march 29th. I'd really like to know since I'm itching to boot up my new computer =/

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
I've seen them in stores already in the area, and numerous people on this board have owned ti4400s and ti4600s.

I do not like it Tom you see,
I do not like green PCB.

cyn1k

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
I've heard rumours that the capacitators or something like that on the board were to big originally and are getting changed to a smaller size so the gf4 fits better.. if you shop around on the net, I bet you will have a hell of a time finding any stores with gf4's in stock. The people who have them already got lucky to get one I think, but most have been recalled (atleast thats the rumour I have read about).. if you find a site with GF4's in stock, lemme know

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Like Intel processors, new nVidia and ATI cards are hard to get to for the first month or two after official paper release.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Even if they come out, i would wait alittle bit to see how they are..
See if any hardware conflicts arise.

Question to all you ATI fans out there... GeForce 4 ti4600 is probly gonna be the best Graphic card for nVidia till june..by june will ATI release anything to Blow this away?

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
The RV250 will probably be out by then matching or exceeding the Ti4600 in performance. For now, ATI is only competing at the Ti4400 level with the 300/300 128MB Radeon 8500.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
I got the Geforce 4 TI 4600 the day after its release date, i went into comp usa after seeing on their site that they had it in stock in one store. Turns out they only had ONE card and it was hidden in the back by an employee, the manager finally got it out for me, i bought it, and since then comp usa has said SOLD OUT.......

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
I've been to a few Comp USAs and Best Buys in the area, all of them have ti4400s in stock, and one had a ti4600 in stock. However, they were selling at above retail price (339 for the 4400, 449 for the 4600)

I do not like it Tom you see,
I do not like green PCB.

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
down here in Houston, Texas everythings sold out of 4600's, only paid 399 for mine though....well actually...i didnt pay anything but thats another story....ask about the instant replacement warranties next time your in comp usa.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
The new 128 radeon's are 275/275.
Actually, the 128MB are also 300/300. ATI seems to be getting rid of their lower quality RAM first and then slowly releasing the 300/300 128MB R8500.

PCHardstuff

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
Compusa and Best Buy have them now. At least here they do. Only Visiontek, but I am very happy with my Ti4600. I was waiting on Asus, but I too had a complete computer except for the Graphics card so I went ahead and got the visiontek. No software included which means I didn't have to pay for games that I wouldn't have played anyway. If you would like some help getting you a Visiontek, just let me know and I will check to see if any are in stock around here. They usually are.

cyn1k

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
I would love some help getting a ti4400. I live in canada so my problem is finding a store who will ship it here. I have been watching ebay for one to go on there but not many ti4400's have been auctioned. If you find a store with 'em give me the phone number or tell me their website and I'll look for the phone # and give 'em a call.. I tried compusa (their site says they ship internationally) but when I called a store in seattle, since thats closest to me, they said they cant ship here (victoria bc, canada).. I currently have a PNY ti4400 reserved at the local electronics botique but they said they won't be in for 2 weeks, maybe a week if I'm lucky. I guess shipping would take about a week anyhow, but I'm just eager to get one as I'm sure you understand :) New comp is useless without one! :)

P.S. as a side note, I just got the soltek drv5 as my motherboard, and I sure hope the card fits in it.. capacitators or whatever you call them are pretty close to the AGP slot where the geforce will extend to, and I've heard people with epox 8kha boards cant fit their ti4600's in (it was on hardOCP that I read that). No sense in worrying about it though until I have one to see for myself.. could always switch mobo's. :)

PCHardstuff

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
Problems like that (with the capacitors) is why I always recommend to people to stay away from the smaller mobo manufacturers and stick with Asus or Abit. If they had complied fully with the AGP standards there wouldn't be an issue at all and less headaches for us to worry about.