Windows 7 OEM disk

G

Last year when the Windows 7 RC ended I purchased a digital copy of Windows 7 Professional for college students. If I recall correctly it wasn't an image or anything that could be burned to a disk. My problem now is almost always when I boot my computer up it either hangs at Verifying DMI Pool Data and then goes to Missing Boot Mgr OR goes almost instantly from Verifying DMI Pool Data to Missing Operating System. When this first happend I panicked a bit and began unplugging and plugging in HDDs, but I have found that the problem resolves itself if I simply press the power button and try again usually 5-10 times.

Regardless, this is an issue. I've tried searching for a solution but the results are quite confusing and even more so because restarting a few times seems to bypass the problem. I have two hard drives, one with the Windows 7 RC and one with Windows 7 professional. I set Windows to boot from the legit version by default. From what I've read I might be able to fix the problem with a startup repair. So is there any way I can get an OEM disk when I purchased a digital copy of Windows 7 or can anyone think of a more definite solution?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It seems that a Windows 7 recovery disk can be made for free:
http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/
I didn't think it would be that easy... but before I do anything drastic does this sound like a problem that can be solved with a recovery disk?

devonh

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
Last year when the Windows 7 RC ended I purchased a digital copy of Windows 7 Professional for college students. If I recall correctly it wasn't an image or anything that could be burned to a disk. My problem now is almost always when I boot my computer up it either hangs at Verifying DMI Pool Data and then goes to Missing Boot Mgr OR goes almost instantly from Verifying DMI Pool Data to Missing Operating System. When this first happend I panicked a bit and began unplugging and plugging in HDDs, but I have found that the problem resolves itself if I simply press the power button and try again usually 5-10 times.

Regardless, this is an issue. I've tried searching for a solution but the results are quite confusing and even more so because restarting a few times seems to bypass the problem. I have two hard drives, one with the Windows 7 RC and one with Windows 7 professional. I set Windows to boot from the legit version by default. From what I've read I might be able to fix the problem with a startup repair. So is there any way I can get an OEM disk when I purchased a digital copy of Windows 7 or can anyone think of a more definite solution?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It seems that a Windows 7 recovery disk can be made for free:
http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/
I didn't think it would be that easy... but before I do anything drastic does this sound like a problem that can be solved with a recovery disk?
it could be an issue related to the CMOS. If the recovery disc does not fix the issue then reset the CMOS. if you need information on how to reset the CMOS feel free to ask.

TRENDING THREADS