D Drive Does Not Detect All ReWritable CD-ROMS

September 10, 2005 6:35:06 PM

Working with SONY CD-RW CD ReWritable 4X – 10X 650 MB and 4X - 10X
My Documents>
Double Click the file>
Edit>
Select All>
Right Click>
Send to DVD/CD-RW Drive (D)>
Copy to CD
Click You have files waiting to be written message lower RH corner>
CD Writing tasks>
Click Write these files to CD>
Welcome to the CD Writing Wizard>
Click Next>
CD Writing Wizard Message: Insert a writable disc to continue There is no
disc in the drive.
I have a disc in the drive. Obviously it is not detecting the CD-ROM.
I have experienced the same with 4 different CD-ROMs, in two different sets
of 5 CD-ROMs.
The drive does detect others such as Windows.
Please advise.
Robert
Robersabel@aol.com
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 8:38:45 PM

Robersabel wrote:
> Working with SONY CD-RW CD ReWritable 4X - 10X 650 MB and 4X - 10X
> My Documents>
> Double Click the file>
> Edit>
> Select All>
> Right Click>
> Send to DVD/CD-RW Drive (D)>
> Copy to CD
> Click You have files waiting to be written message lower RH corner>
> CD Writing tasks>
> Click Write these files to CD>
> Welcome to the CD Writing Wizard>
> Click Next>
> CD Writing Wizard Message: Insert a writable disc to continue There
> is no disc in the drive.
> I have a disc in the drive. Obviously it is not detecting the CD-ROM.
> I have experienced the same with 4 different CD-ROMs, in two
> different sets of 5 CD-ROMs.
> The drive does detect others such as Windows.
> Please advise.
> Robert
> Robersabel@aol.com

- Get a third party CD/DVD writing utility.
- Get a different brand of writable/rewritable CDs.
- If any of these are DVD+/-R/RWs - know that Windows XP does not natively
support this.
- Possible you have a bad batch or two of CDs, possible your drive is
defective.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP