All programs menu not working?

My programs menu has many older programs in it. You know when you only have
so many programs listed and your "all programs" menu will open up covering
the whole screen so you can see all of your programs at the same time, then
as you accumulate more programs the menu changes so that you have to scroll
down to get to a certain program ? Well my problem is that is not
happening. My menu is filled up to the point that it should change to the
scroll view and i have installed several new programs but cant access them
via the "all programs" menu. Most of the programs created shortcuts so i can
still open them but a few have no shortcuts and are not listed in my programs
menu so i have to open them using RUN menu. What the heck is wrong here?
Please help me fix it !

xtracheeze wrote:
> My programs menu has many older programs in it. You know when you
> only have so many programs listed and your "all programs" menu will
> open up covering the whole screen so you can see all of your programs
> at the same time, then as you accumulate more programs the menu
> changes so that you have to scroll down to get to a certain program
> ? Well my problem is that is not happening. My menu is filled up to
> the point that it should change to the scroll view and i have
> installed several new programs but cant access them via the "all
> programs" menu. Most of the programs created shortcuts so i can still
> open them but a few have no shortcuts and are not listed in my
> programs menu so i have to open them using RUN menu. What the heck is
> wrong here? Please help me fix it !

Clean it up.. It's called organization.

C:\Documents and Settings

Then look under the "All Users" and "YOURUSERNAME" profile directories under
the "Start Menu" folder. Start making your own organizational system. I
like:

Applications
Communications
Entertainment
Utilities

Then putting the proper folders under those categories. If you have one
folder in the All Users start menu called "MINE" and a folder at the same
level under your user profile's start menu named "MINE" - it will merge the
contents when viewed by clicking on the actual start button.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP