XP "SendTo" question

I recently updated my XP Office 2003 with the latest updates from MS.
(Primarily SP1 I think)

Now Outlook (which isn't even installed on my system) has insinuated itself
as the Right-Click SendTo app instead of OutlookExpress. It shows an email
window, similar to my Outlook Express, but it has no Address Book associated
with it. I checked ControlPanel... Outlook is not installed.

How do I put OE back as my SendTo application?

Thanks in advance,
Al Camp
2 answers Last reply
More about sendto question

    Al Camp wrote:
    > I recently updated my XP Office 2003 with the latest updates from MS.
    > (Primarily SP1 I think)
    >
    > Now Outlook (which isn't even installed on my system) has insinuated
    > itself as the Right-Click SendTo app instead of OutlookExpress. It
    > shows an email window, similar to my Outlook Express, but it has no
    > Address Book associated with it. I checked ControlPanel... Outlook
    > is not installed.
    > How do I put OE back as my SendTo application?

    Change the default mailer for your system...
    http://www.slipstick.com/config/defaultmailer.htm

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Shenan,
    Thanks a lot. That did the trick...
    I had tried changing it through the SendTo directory, but was
    unsuccessful.
    Sure wish "MS updates" wouldn't do these things!
    Thanks,
    Al Camp
    Candia Computer Consulting - Candia NH
    http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions

    > Al Camp wrote:
    >> I recently updated my XP Office 2003 with the latest updates from MS.
    >> (Primarily SP1 I think)
    >>
    >> Now Outlook (which isn't even installed on my system) has insinuated
    >> itself as the Right-Click SendTo app instead of OutlookExpress. It
    >> shows an email window, similar to my Outlook Express, but it has no
    >> Address Book associated with it. I checked ControlPanel... Outlook
    >> is not installed.
    >> How do I put OE back as my SendTo application?
    >
    > Change the default mailer for your system...
    > http://www.slipstick.com/config/defaultmailer.htm
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP