no os cd to use after hd formatting

It is an HP Pavillion system that we bought at Best Buy.Model 753N. No
manuals or cd's came with it. Best buy says the only way to fix is via
them. I'll try the mfg.

--
spyda

Here is the web site that tells you how to get HP recovery disks for the OS.
I think they will sell you a set for a nominal fee.
On most new HP's, you can "burn a set of OS Recovery Disks". But that was
not clear in the manual, and if you don't do it before it crashes, then you
are SOL.

"spyda" <spyda.1v62dp@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> It is an HP Pavillion system that we bought at Best Buy.Model 753N. No
> manuals or cd's came with it. Best buy says the only way to fix is via
> them. I'll try the mfg.
> Richard in AZ Wrote:
>> What is the make and model number of your computer.
>> The manual should tell you how to enter that hidden partition.
>> If you cant find your manual, try the manufacturer's web site for
>> support
>> and a manual.
>> If you bought at Best Buy, good luck.
>>
>> "spyda" spyda.1v4odn@pcbanter.net wrote in message
>>
>> Need help. y home computer got too many virsuses to fix. Need to
>> reformat hard drvie but our computer came preloaded with windows xp
>> and
>> no disks. Last time this happened had to spend $$$ at Best buy where
>> we
>> boutgh it for them to fix. They said the os is hidden somewhere i the
>> system. Is there a wauy to extract this before I wipe out the drive?
>> can only start up in safe mode. Any help is appreciated. :mad:
>>

>> --
>> spyda-
>

> --
> spyda

This should help:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=90390&docname=bph07145

Also you should be able to get the CDs:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07143&product=90390&dlc=en&lang=en

It sounds like the person you are talking to at Best Buy is uninformed.
If Best Buy legitimately sold you the computer, you have all you need to
recover the computer, if not, the sales person has made a mistake and Best
Buy needs to fix it.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar