Which Is Better

Visiontek Xtasy 5332 32Mb 64Bit AGP 2D/3D Nvidia Geforce 2 MX200 32MB or ATI rage fury MAXX
21 answers Last reply
More about which better
  1. Diamond Viper V770, $35, beats both. But the Radeon LE for $40 stomps that.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
  2. Xtasy™ 5332
    • 32MB Memory
    • 175 MHz Processor Speed
    • 256-bit GPU

Specifications
    • NVIDIA GeForce2 MX200 GPU
    • AGP or PCI BUS
    • 32MB
    • 175MHz Core Clock
    • 166MHz Memory Clock
    • 350MHz RAMDAC
    • API Support for DirectX®, OpenGL ICD® for Windows
    • VGA Connector

RAGE FURY MAXX

64MB of local texture memory
    Powered by dual ATI RAGE 128 PRO graphics engines using ATI's MAXX™ technology for breathtaking 3D speed
    Delivers 500 Megapixels/sec "fill rate" required for high frame rate game play
    High resolution, true color (32-bit) quality graphics without performance degradation
    Features ATI's Alternate Frame Rendering (AFR) technology for incredibly smooth game frame rate action
    Full acceleration of OpenGL ICD, Direct3D and DirectX 7.0 3D games
    Top rated Hardware DVD video playback in Video2000 benchmark
    AGP Universal bus (for AGP 2X/4X systems)
  3. Remember that I assemble computers and have tested every single part mentioned on the same system.

4. I'm only looking at the 2 cards. But thx any way
  5. Both are such poor performers I couldn't recommend either, sorry. Remember that the numbers for the MX200 really are theoretical, in application it's 64-bit memory interface knocks the wind out of it's GPU.

6. Why are you stuck between those two?

And yes, both of them will not give you any sort of reasonable performance. Of the two, the ATI is probably a bit better, but it's a stretch to favor either one.

I do not like it Tom you see,
    I do not like green PCB.
  7. The GF2MX200 doesn't perform much better than a TNT2 M64.

The Rage Fury MAXX is a bit faster than the GeForce256 SDR but slower than the GeForce256 DDR. However, the Rage Fury MAXX doesn't support Windows 2000 or Windows XP, but it will give you quite a bit better peformance over the MX200.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  8. how do you OC video cards..Specifically the Vision TEK GeForce4 ti4600

How would life be if there were no Computer's? That would Suck!!
  9. Use a program like NVMax for nVidia-based cards and Radeonator for ATI based cards.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  10. Or Powerstrip which works on both.

I do not like green PCB.
  11. I found another video card in my price range. It's a Geforce 2 MX400 64MB. Made by a company called "Dream" I've never heard of it and could not find anything about the company. But If I was to but one of the there wich would be the best? And thank you all for the advice. I really appreciate it.
  12. I found another video card in my price range. It's a Geforce 2 MX400 64MB. Made by a company called "Dream" I've never heard of it and could not find anything about the company. But If I was to buy one of them there which would be the best? And thank you all for the advice. I really appreciate it.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by connman on 03/19/02 03:06 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  13. What is your price range?

A GF2 MX400 is much better than the 2 cards you mentioned before. However, the ATI Radeon LE runs for about $40 or less, and is at least 50% faster, with a few more features.

I do not like green PCB.
  14. you just use a program to OC a Graphic Card ? it's that simple

How would life be if there were no Computer's? That would Suck!!
  15. Yes, however, you need to test it for glitches and such, Running a few benchmarks and seeing no weird artifacts or anything like that tends to mean that the card is working ok.

Also, make sure your system can handel the extra heat.

I do not like green PCB.
  16. What's an OC? And test it for glitches?
  17. Do you have a source for the Visiontek 5632? Like the 5332 its clocked at 175mhz but the memory interface is 128-bit DDR and thus outperforms the other three cards you mentioned. It's available for about $48 USD ($76 Canadian)

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>
  18. Where can I buy it for $76.00 canadian?
  19. OC = Overclocking

You're running the card at faster than initial specs.

This can cause visual glitches like weird lines, colors, and shapes if your card can't handel it.

I do not like green PCB.
  20. Sorry, I meant it's available in the USA for $48 USD. I just provided the Canadian rate for your convenience. You may recall that I asked the question whether you have a source for it.

The 5632 is definitely an OEM type card so you'll have to find a mail order vendor. (I bought mine at www.newegg.com but they don't ship to Canada).

Again, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>
  21. Would it be worth overclocking a Diamond viper SIII 540 that doesn't support open GL? And if i could how much of a diff would it make. I how do I OC the video card?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Visiontek Rage Fury Graphics Product