Blackberry 7520 Help Needed

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
January 4, 2005 6:28:14 PM

I have read and re-read the manuals and sent notes to Nextel but have not
found the answers/information that I need and hoping that someone here can
help me.

Just got the Blackberry 7520.

1. Is there a way to set a filter or preference so that any *inbound* mail I
received as a response to a note sent from the Blackberry is automatically
bcc'd to a different address? This should be invisible to the sender. My
problem is that I have 5 POP accounts and I am using the
user@nextel.blackberry.net to send the messages but I also want the

2. There is a site that my son can open on his T-Mobile Blackberry that I
can not on mine. It is an important site to me so I need to be able to open
it. It says something about the webpage needing an update (outdated) which I
do (update) click on, but never seems to work in opening the site/page. Any
ideas?

3. The battery life on this unit is really poor. Anyone else experiencing
this as well?

Thanks!

....Scott

More about : blackberry 7520 needed

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 12:10:42 AM

Response below:

"Scott" <scott@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have read and re-read the manuals and sent notes to Nextel but have not
> found the answers/information that I need and hoping that someone here can
> help me.
>
> Just got the Blackberry 7520.
>
> 1. Is there a way to set a filter or preference so that any *inbound* mail
> received as a response to a note sent from the Blackberry is automatically
> bcc'd to a different address? This should be invisible to the sender. My
> problem is that I have 5 POP accounts and I am using the
> user@nextel.blackberry.net to send the messages but I also want the

Yes, what you have to do is set this feature up on the website. You have to
login to the webmail service but if it's not set up yet you have to set it
up. I don't remember how to do it but I found it a little difficult
myself... actually not really difficult but there was no real documentation
when I got my 7510. If you need further assistance, I got some answers from
Nextel Blackberry support. BB Support is not regular Nextel support, you
have to call a different # or get transferred. They're only open until 10PM
EST though.

> 2. There is a site that my son can open on his T-Mobile Blackberry that I
> can not on mine. It is an important site to me so I need to be able to
open
> it. It says something about the webpage needing an update (outdated) which
> do (update) click on, but never seems to work in opening the site/page.
Any
> ideas?

There were a lot of site I couldn't get to because of this same problem. Fom
what I heard is that it has to do with the WAP browser built in to the
Nextel BBs. You can get a full browser elsewhere but not sure where and you
have to pay for it.

> 3. The battery life on this unit is really poor. Anyone else experiencing
> this as well?

Yes, I was lucky to get two full days out of it. As a rule I was charging it
every night and that made it extremely inconvenient.

I found that for the money I spent on my 7510 I should have gotten a lot
better quality device. In a meer four months it broke twice and both times
it was a warranty covered defect but Nextel insisted I pay $35 for repair or
send it back to RIM, in which I would have had to wait one to two weeks for
a replacement. In my opinion warranty repairs should be repaired or replaced
free of charge. Nextel said I could have gotten it repaired for free if I
was to pay $2.50 per month for their damage protection but if I have to pay,
even as little as $2.50 per month, it is NOT free. This is just another
example of a company not standing behind the products they sell. I could
care less that this is dictated by RIM. With Sprint, they don't make their
own phones but I have never had an issue exchanging one that is still under
warranty for a new one. This is exactly what happened when my Sanyp RL2000
locked up, they checked it out and the next day I got a new phone.

If you're still within the 14 days I would take it back, get a full refund
and go somewhere else if I were you. Everything you questioned here I went
through and it proved to be too much headache for the $120 per month I was
paying for the phone and data services. For that kind of money I would have
expected a lot better quality product and services.

!