Adding Workgroup and no longer able to log into computer

I was trying to add my home network to my work laptop. I added a Workgroup
domain, and I can no longer log in at startup using my user name and
password. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to log in.
3 answers Last reply
More about adding workgroup longer computer

    Well if you removed your laptop from the domain using the Computer Name tab
    from the system properties window then you are SOL unless you have a local
    log on. You will have to wait until you go back to work and have an admin
    re-add your system back into your work domain. When they do that tell them
    to also set you up with a local log in.

    buffettrum wrote:
    > I was trying to add my home network to my work laptop. I added a Workgroup
    > domain, and I can no longer log in at startup using my user name and
    > password. Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > BTW, I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to log in.

    By changing the computer from the domain to a workgroup, you have
    destroyed the trust between the domain and the machine. In doing so,
    you have also rendered your domain login credentials as invalid. You
    need to be physically connected to the domain network, you need to have
    administrative privileges to the workstation, and you need to have
    administrative privileges on the domain. Then you can add the machine
    back on to the domain, after having first deleted the computer's old
    domain account (unless you've also renamed the computer).

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    > after having first deleted the computer's old domain account

    Deleting the old account is not necessary. When the system is put back on
    the domain his previous login and settings will return.

    > buffettrum wrote:
    >> I was trying to add my home network to my work laptop. I added a
    >> Workgroup domain, and I can no longer log in at startup using my user
    >> name and password. Any help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> BTW, I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to log in.
    >

    > By changing the computer from the domain to a workgroup, you have
    > destroyed the trust between the domain and the machine. In doing so, you
    > have also rendered your domain login credentials as invalid. You need to
    > be physically connected to the domain network, you need to have
    > administrative privileges to the workstation, and you need to have
    > administrative privileges on the domain. Then you can add the machine
    > back on to the domain, after having first deleted the computer's old
    > domain account (unless you've also renamed the computer).
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm