nvidia detenator drivers

G

I just put a Leadtek Winfast Geforce 2MX 400 64MB card in a new machine I built and it works fine but when I tried using NVIDIA's latest detenator drivers, all my games froze up on me except for Counter-strike (half-life). I deleted the drivers in safe mode and downloaded the latest drivers from leadtek's website and everything went fine. Is this normal? Is there anything special in nvidia's detenator drivers that would be beneficial? If so, what am I missing and how would I be able to use these features, if they exist

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
I've found that to be true with older cards. THeir drivers don't work on my old TNT system, dispite that being a listed driver option.

I do not like it Tom you see,
I do not like green PCB.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Tisk tisk, still w/ the older cards. NVidia just focusses on new cards, cause that's what people are buying, and looking at. Plus, chances are most won't have that old a card. Well, I shouldn't say that....Dell still uses old cards in 2.2Ghz P4 systems :tongue:

Sig of the week.

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
What the hell are you doin to get funky titles like that?

I have a Creative Labs GF256DDR. 21.83 works on mine perfectly fine. 23.11 freezes my comp every now and then, especially when I try to change resolution. Thats a guaranteed freezer.

<font color=red><b>You must <i>be</i> the change you wish to see in the world</b></font color=red>