RUNDLL error message at StartUp

Hi
The following error message appears
error loading c:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL

How do I fix this and would this be the cause of my system crashing regularly?

Jase
5 answers Last reply
More about rundll error message startup

    Hi,

    Control Panel/Add & Remove, uninstall Newdotnet, it is totally unnecessary
    to have that software on your system.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jase" <Jase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > The following error message appears
    > error loading c:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL
    >
    > How do I fix this and would this be the cause of my system crashing
    > regularly?
    >
    > Jase

    Hi, I have the same error message, but there is no program called newdotnet
    listed. Any other solutions?

    Thanks.

    Shan

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Control Panel/Add & Remove, uninstall Newdotnet, it is totally unnecessary
    > to have that software on your system.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Jase" <Jase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > The following error message appears
    > > error loading c:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL
    > >
    > > How do I fix this and would this be the cause of my system crashing
    > > regularly?
    > >
    > > Jase

    Hi Rick

    Shan is correct, there is no program called newdotnet.

    Im using XP Pro service pack 2 should that make a difference.

    Also I downloaded some software called 'PC REscue'. It ran a scan and
    identified errors and apparently fixed them. It also had an option of not
    running the 'newdotnet' program at start up however, i dont think this is a
    long term solution.

    Any other ideas?

    Jase

    "shan" wrote:

    > Hi, I have the same error message, but there is no program called newdotnet
    > listed. Any other solutions?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Shan
    >
    > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Control Panel/Add & Remove, uninstall Newdotnet, it is totally unnecessary
    > > to have that software on your system.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Best of Luck,

    > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    > > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    > > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    > >
    > > "Jase" <Jase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi
    > > > The following error message appears
    > > > error loading c:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL
    > > >
    > > > How do I fix this and would this be the cause of my system crashing
    > > > regularly?
    > > >
    > > > Jase

    Hi,

    Click start/run, type regedit and click ok. Expland the plus (+) signs to
    reach these keys:

    Click on the key, then look in the right pane for a string value that loads
    newdotnet. When located, click on the string and delete it.

    --

    "shan" <shan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have the same error message, but there is no program called
    > newdotnet
    > listed. Any other solutions?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Shan
    >
    > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Control Panel/Add & Remove, uninstall Newdotnet, it is totally
    >> unnecessary
    >> to have that software on your system.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "Jase" <Jase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi
    >> > The following error message appears
    >> > error loading c:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL
    >> >
    >> > How do I fix this and would this be the cause of my system crashing
    >> > regularly?
    >> >
    >> > Jase

    Hi,

    > Shan is correct, there is no program called newdotnet.

    Um, yes, there is, and it is well known to cause issues. It's a plug-in for
    Internet Explorer. See:
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/NewDotNet.html

    --

    > Hi Rick
    >
    > Shan is correct, there is no program called newdotnet.
    >
    > Im using XP Pro service pack 2 should that make a difference.
    >
    > Also I downloaded some software called 'PC REscue'. It ran a scan and
    > identified errors and apparently fixed them. It also had an option of not
    > running the 'newdotnet' program at start up however, i dont think this is
    > long term solution.
    >
    > Any other ideas?
    >
    > Jase
    >
    > "shan" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, I have the same error message, but there is no program called
    >> newdotnet
    >> listed. Any other solutions?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Shan
    >>
    >> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > Control Panel/Add & Remove, uninstall Newdotnet, it is totally
    >> > unnecessary
    >> > to have that software on your system.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Best of Luck,
    >> >
    >> > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    >> > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >> >
    >> > "Jase" <Jase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Support Microsoft Error Message Rundll Windows XP