registry error messages.

i'm not sure if i have a hacker loose in my system or not but i am
constantly getting these error messages concerning the stability of my
registry. i have doenloaded several "regrepair".com type things & have had
them run scanchecks & cleanups as well as purchase a full version , one from
regrepair.com ($9.99) & have ran it. it tells me that there is nothing wrong
w/ the registry. messenger service feels that there is a problem. i have
gotten ten messages just while i am typing this request. in an hour there'll
be 100 more messages if i don't remove them as they appear. i also have an
adblocker(it came w/ the regrepair download), pop up blocker, a firewall & an
updated norton's antivirus program(2004w/ upgrade) currently installed &
enabled. what do i do? please feel sorry for me & help me through this
dilemma. tx.
--
kk66

You may need to disable the messenger service..Click start, run type in
services.msc and scroll down to the messenger and right click, properties,
startup type, change to disabled..

hope this helps..
j;-)

"kowboykane66" wrote:

> i'm not sure if i have a hacker loose in my system or not but i am
> constantly getting these error messages concerning the stability of my
> registry. i have doenloaded several "regrepair".com type things & have had
> them run scanchecks & cleanups as well as purchase a full version , one from
> regrepair.com ($9.99) & have ran it. it tells me that there is nothing wrong
> w/ the registry. messenger service feels that there is a problem. i have
> gotten ten messages just while i am typing this request. in an hour there'll
> be 100 more messages if i don't remove them as they appear. i also have an
> adblocker(it came w/ the regrepair download), pop up blocker, a firewall & an
> updated norton's antivirus program(2004w/ upgrade) currently installed &
> enabled. what do i do? please feel sorry for me & help me through this
> dilemma. tx.
> --
> kk66

Please provide details (copies) of any error reports from Event Viewer.

Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
discrepancies can
make it harder to search for information about the error message.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
Event Viewer.
When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
ID, Source
and Description are important.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
should double click
for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
(Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the
error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
resembling two
pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
message
(email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
info from the
Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
sure this is
the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"kowboykane66" <kk@2snafu.cum> wrote in message
> i'm not sure if i have a hacker loose in my system or not but i am
> constantly getting these error messages concerning the stability of my
> registry. i have doenloaded several "regrepair".com type things & have
> had
> them run scanchecks & cleanups as well as purchase a full version ,
> one from
> regrepair.com ($9.99) & have ran it. it tells me that there is nothing
> wrong
> w/ the registry. messenger service feels that there is a problem. i
> have
> gotten ten messages just while i am typing this request. in an hour
> there'll
> be 100 more messages if i don't remove them as they appear. i also
> have an
> adblocker(it came w/ the regrepair download), pop up blocker, a
> firewall & an
> updated norton's antivirus program(2004w/ upgrade) currently installed
> &
> enabled. what do i do? please feel sorry for me & help me through this
> dilemma. tx.
> --
> kk66

Hi,

You will want to make sure the system is clean of virus and malware infection.

Virus and Spyware removal and prevention
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User