Saving/Sending Pictures

Occasionally, I save pictures from web pages to MY Pictures folder, and
later on send the picture to friends through email.

I was under the impression that I was 'sharing' a copy the picture from the
folder with the email recipient, but it seems that when the picture is sent
it is deleted from the My Pictures folder.

I must be doing something wrong, but the help files for both Explorer and
Outlook Express seem to support my method.

Help please?

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Fifty Hertz/ said:

> Occasionally, I save pictures from web pages to MY Pictures folder, and
> later on send the picture to friends through email.
>
> I was under the impression that I was 'sharing' a copy the picture from the
> folder with the email recipient, but it seems that when the picture is sent
> it is deleted from the My Pictures folder.
>
> I must be doing something wrong, but the help files for both Explorer and
> Outlook Express seem to support my method.

In attaching an image file to a mail message, the original should not be
disturbed in any way. A copy is mailed.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org