Horia

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2005

I have had many problems with my computer which i just bought, alongside a
copy of windows xp professional. I have tried many things to make the
computer work, out of which reformating the hardrive a couple of times. Now
that i have reformated again, I have to activate my windows copy. I've tried
to do so, but it says that I have reached my limit of activations for this
key. Does this mean i have to buy a whole new copy of windows xp
proffesional? Please reply. Thanks

If the internet activation procedure fails, then follow the procedure to "activate by phone".

How to activate Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307890

Description of Microsoft Product Activation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302806

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP