bj

I get this message every time computer tries to
go into standby. The device driver for the Compaq
ps2 keyboard (2k-3) device is preventing the
machine from entering standby. If the problem
persists you may need to update this driver.

This is a windows xp. Every time I try to
download a new driver I get a message
that tells me the one I have is the most up to
date. ??????????????????
Thank you

Hi BJ

Device Driver Error Message Is Displayed When the Computer Enters Standby or
Hibernate Mode:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257199

"Device Driver for the Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2
Keyboard" Error Message When You Try to Enter Standby:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814149

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"BJ" <email@address.com> wrote in message
>I get this message every time computer tries to
> go into standby. The device driver for the Compaq
> ps2 keyboard (2k-3) device is preventing the
> machine from entering standby. If the problem
> persists you may need to update this driver.
>
> This is a windows xp. Every time I try to
> download a new driver I get a message
> that tells me the one I have is the most up to
> Thank you

Mike

Splendid

My computer won't go into standby even though I have set it to do this after
20 mins inactivity, using the power settings. No error mesage appears. What
can I do to activate auto stand by?