Problem installing Windows script 5.6

Something went wrong deinstalling a providerscript. Result was that McAfee
2005 could not update enymore. First i got a message to install Windows
script 5.6 which I tried. Problem is that it gives the follwing error during
installation.
error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll

What do i do to get it registered?
18 answers Last reply
More about problem installing windows script

    There are two seperate downloads / installers for Windows Script 5.6. One is
    for Windows 9x platform, and the other is for NT platforms. Here is the
    correct one.

    Download details: Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&displaylang=en

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Something went wrong deinstalling a providerscript. Result was that McAfee
    > 2005 could not update enymore. First i got a message to install Windows
    > script 5.6 which I tried. Problem is that it gives the follwing error
    > during
    > installation.
    > error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
    >
    > What do i do to get it registered?

    Tnx for your reply. But like I told before when I install that version i get
    an error with:

    error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll

    My question still is the same. How do i make sure that jscript.dll gets
    registered?

    regards,
    anton.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > There are two seperate downloads / installers for Windows Script 5.6. One is
    > for Windows 9x platform, and the other is for NT platforms. Here is the
    > correct one.
    >
    > Download details: Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&displaylang=en
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Something went wrong deinstalling a providerscript. Result was that McAfee
    > > 2005 could not update enymore. First i got a message to install Windows
    > > script 5.6 which I tried. Problem is that it gives the follwing error
    > > during
    > > installation.
    > > error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
    > >
    > > What do i do to get it registered?

    Anton,

    Are you able to register the DLL manually from Start/Run? (regsvr32
    jscript.dll). In case of any faults, regsvr32 throws an error that would
    help in diagnosis.

    --

    > Tnx for your reply. But like I told before when I install that version i
    > get
    > an error with:
    >
    > error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
    >
    > My question still is the same. How do i make sure that jscript.dll gets
    > registered?
    >
    > regards,
    > anton.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> There are two seperate downloads / installers for Windows Script 5.6. One
    >> is
    >> for Windows 9x platform, and the other is for NT platforms. Here is the
    >> correct one.
    >>
    >> Download details: Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&displaylang=en
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Something went wrong deinstalling a providerscript. Result was that
    >> > McAfee
    >> > 2005 could not update enymore. First i got a message to install Windows
    >> > script 5.6 which I tried. Problem is that it gives the follwing error
    >> > during
    >> > installation.
    >> > error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
    >> >
    >> > What do i do to get it registered?

    I have tried it with the following return code:
    0x80004005

    Can you do something with it?

    Anton.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Anton,
    >
    > Are you able to register the DLL manually from Start/Run? (regsvr32
    > jscript.dll). In case of any faults, regsvr32 throws an error that would
    > help in diagnosis.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Tnx for your reply. But like I told before when I install that version i
    > > get
    > > an error with:
    > >
    > > error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
    > >
    > > My question still is the same. How do i make sure that jscript.dll gets
    > > registered?
    > >
    > > regards,
    > > anton.
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> There are two seperate downloads / installers for Windows Script 5.6. One
    > >> is
    > >> for Windows 9x platform, and the other is for NT platforms. Here is the
    > >> correct one.
    > >>
    > >> Download details: Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP:
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&displaylang=en
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Anton,

    There are five other DLLs whose Imports are made by Jscript.dll. May be
    running a SFC /Scannow, and followed by a regsvr32 jscript.dll would help?

    --

    >I have tried it with the following return code:
    > 0x80004005
    >
    > Can you do something with it?
    >
    > Anton.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Anton,
    >>
    >> Are you able to register the DLL manually from Start/Run? (regsvr32
    >> jscript.dll). In case of any faults, regsvr32 throws an error that would
    >> help in diagnosis.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Tnx for your reply. But like I told before when I install that version
    >> > get
    >> > an error with:
    >> >
    >> > error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
    >> >
    >> > My question still is the same. How do i make sure that jscript.dll gets
    >> > registered?
    >> >
    >> > regards,
    >> > anton.

    Ramesh,

    I've tried it. No messages SFC /Scannow. And still the same error OCX after
    regserv32: 0x80004005 (errorcode)

    Regards,
    Anton.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Anton,
    >
    > There are five other DLLs whose Imports are made by Jscript.dll. May be
    > running a SFC /Scannow, and followed by a regsvr32 jscript.dll would help?
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have tried it with the following return code:
    > > 0x80004005
    > >
    > > Can you do something with it?
    > >
    > > Anton.
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Anton,
    > >>
    > >> Are you able to register the DLL manually from Start/Run? (regsvr32
    > >> jscript.dll). In case of any faults, regsvr32 throws an error that would
    > >> help in diagnosis.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Hi Anton,

    Running out of ideas now :( But, will look into this and post back if I find
    anything interesting.

    --

    > Ramesh,
    >
    > I've tried it. No messages SFC /Scannow. And still the same error OCX
    > after
    > regserv32: 0x80004005 (errorcode)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Anton.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Anton,
    >>
    >> There are five other DLLs whose Imports are made by Jscript.dll. May be
    >> running a SFC /Scannow, and followed by a regsvr32 jscript.dll would
    >> help?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have tried it with the following return code:
    >> > 0x80004005
    >> >
    >> > Can you do something with it?
    >> >
    >> > Anton.

    Tnx. Do you know what the errorcode means?

    Regards,
    Anton.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Hi Anton,
    >
    > Running out of ideas now :( But, will look into this and post back if I find
    > anything interesting.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Ramesh,
    > >
    > > I've tried it. No messages SFC /Scannow. And still the same error OCX
    > > after
    > > regserv32: 0x80004005 (errorcode)
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Anton.
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Anton,
    > >>
    > >> There are five other DLLs whose Imports are made by Jscript.dll. May be
    > >> running a SFC /Scannow, and followed by a regsvr32 jscript.dll would
    > >> help?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Have a clue after searching the MSDN
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307495

    That was an example, which says that one of the DLL's dependencies is
    missing.

    I ran Dependency Walker program (http://dependencywalker.com/) and loaded
    the JScript.dll. There are five DLLs upon which JScript.dll depends. They
    are:

    MSVCRT.DLL
    OLEAUT32.DLL
    OLE32.DLL
    ADVAPI32.DLL
    KERNEL32.DLL

    See if the first three files are present in your system. Or, extract a copy
    of those files from the CD-ROM.

    --

    > Tnx. Do you know what the errorcode means?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Anton.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Anton,
    >>
    >> Running out of ideas now :( But, will look into this and post back if I
    >> find
    >> anything interesting.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Ramesh,
    >> >
    >> > I've tried it. No messages SFC /Scannow. And still the same error OCX
    >> > after
    >> > regserv32: 0x80004005 (errorcode)
    >> >
    >> > Regards,
    >> > Anton.

    I haVe tried it. All the files are present in the sytem32 directory. I have
    got a feeling that it might has to do with IE or IIS. Quit a few things are
    currently not working correctly. All seem something to do with web based
    functionality. The regustry error has changed from:
    error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
    into
    DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll failed.
    Returncode: 0x80004005

    Regards,
    Anton.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Have a clue after searching the MSDN
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307495
    >
    > That was an example, which says that one of the DLL's dependencies is
    > missing.
    >
    > I ran Dependency Walker program (http://dependencywalker.com/) and loaded
    > the JScript.dll. There are five DLLs upon which JScript.dll depends. They
    > are:
    >
    > MSVCRT.DLL
    > OLEAUT32.DLL
    > OLE32.DLL
    > ADVAPI32.DLL
    > KERNEL32.DLL
    >
    > See if the first three files are present in your system. Or, extract a copy
    > of those files from the CD-ROM.
    >

    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Tnx. Do you know what the errorcode means?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Anton.
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi Anton,
    > >>
    > >> Running out of ideas now :( But, will look into this and post back if I
    > >> find
    > >> anything interesting.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Anton,

    0x80004005 (Unspecified error) is a vague error code. Download Dependency
    Walker utility (depends.exe) and load JScript.dll. Make a note of the error
    message displayed by Depends. Ignore any errors related to msjava.dll, and
    note down the remaining ones.

    --

    >I haVe tried it. All the files are present in the sytem32 directory. I have
    > got a feeling that it might has to do with IE or IIS. Quit a few things
    > are
    > currently not working correctly. All seem something to do with web based
    > functionality. The regustry error has changed from:
    > error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
    > into
    > DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll failed.
    > Returncode: 0x80004005
    >
    > Regards,
    > Anton.
  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    MPR.dll warning unresolved import due to a missing export function in a
    delayload dependent module.
    Besides a missing msjava.dll, that's the only other warning.

    Regarsd,
    Anton.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Anton,
    >
    > 0x80004005 (Unspecified error) is a vague error code. Download Dependency
    > Walker utility (depends.exe) and load JScript.dll. Make a note of the error
    > message displayed by Depends. Ignore any errors related to msjava.dll, and
    > note down the remaining ones.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I haVe tried it. All the files are present in the sytem32 directory. I have
    > > got a feeling that it might has to do with IE or IIS. Quit a few things
    > > are
    > > currently not working correctly. All seem something to do with web based
    > > functionality. The regustry error has changed from:
    > > error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
    > > into
    > > DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll failed.
    > > Returncode: 0x80004005
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Anton.

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Dependency Walker has a feature called "Profiling". Load Regsvr32.exe in
    Depends, and then start Profiling. In the parameters section, add
    jscript.dll. The DLL registration will continue, with the detailed verbose
    information. This info can help.

    --

    > MPR.dll warning unresolved import due to a missing export function in a
    > delayload dependent module.
    > Besides a missing msjava.dll, that's the only other warning.
    >
    > Regarsd,
    > Anton.
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Anton,
    >>
    >> 0x80004005 (Unspecified error) is a vague error code. Download Dependency
    >> Walker utility (depends.exe) and load JScript.dll. Make a note of the
    >> error
    >> message displayed by Depends. Ignore any errors related to msjava.dll,
    >> and
    >> note down the remaining ones.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I haVe tried it. All the files are present in the sytem32 directory. I
    >> >have
    >> > got a feeling that it might has to do with IE or IIS. Quit a few things
    >> > are
    >> > currently not working correctly. All seem something to do with web
    >> > based
    >> > functionality. The regustry error has changed from:
    >> > error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
    >> > into
    >> > DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll failed.
    >> > Returncode: 0x80004005
    >> >
    >> > Regards,
    >> > Anton.

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Still didn't work for me. I had a very similar problem, except that the file
    I could not
    register was scrobj.dll during installation of script 5.6.
    After "profiling" with parameter scrobj.dll, I still got the message
    "error code was 0x80004005".

    After pro

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Dependency Walker has a feature called "Profiling". Load Regsvr32.exe in
    > Depends, and then start Profiling. In the parameters section, add
    > jscript.dll. The DLL registration will continue, with the detailed verbose
    > information. This info can help.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > MPR.dll warning unresolved import due to a missing export function in a
    > > delayload dependent module.
    > > Besides a missing msjava.dll, that's the only other warning.
    > >
    > > Regarsd,
    > > Anton.
    > >

    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Anton,
    > >>
    > >> 0x80004005 (Unspecified error) is a vague error code. Download Dependency
    > >> Walker utility (depends.exe) and load JScript.dll. Make a note of the
    > >> error
    > >> message displayed by Depends. Ignore any errors related to msjava.dll,
    > >> and
    > >> note down the remaining ones.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    I got quit a few message all concerning MSCTF.DLL See below. I checked, the
    ddl is there and is registered.

    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "CtfImmCoUninitialize") called from "MSCTF.DLL"
    at address 0x7472279F and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "CtfImmLastEnabledWndDestroy") called from
    "MSCTF.DLL" at address 0x747227DC and returned NULL. Error: The specified
    procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "CtfImmSetCiceroStartInThread") called from
    "MSCTF.DLL" at address 0x7472281F and returned NULL. Error: The specified
    procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "CtfImmIsCiceroStartedInThread") called from
    "MSCTF.DLL" at address 0x74722864 and returned NULL. Error: The specified
    procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "CtfImmIsCiceroEnabled") called from "MSCTF.DLL"
    at address 0x747228A9 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "CtfImmIsTextFrameServiceDisabled") called from
    "MSCTF.DLL" at address 0x747228E5 and returned NULL. Error: The specified
    procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "CtfImmEnterCoInitCountSkipMode") called from
    "MSCTF.DLL" at address 0x7472292C and returned NULL. Error: The specified
    procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "CtfImmLeaveCoInitCountSkipMode") called from
    "MSCTF.DLL" at address 0x74722972 and returned NULL. Error: The specified
    procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmGetDefaultIMEWnd") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x747229B6 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmReleaseContext") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x747229EF and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmNotifyIME") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x74722A29 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmSetConversionStatus") called from "MSCTF.DLL"
    at address 0x74722A5C and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmGetConversionStatus") called from "MSCTF.DLL"
    at address 0x74722A9A and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmGetProperty") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x74722AD6 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmGetOpenStatus") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x74722B0A and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmGetContext") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x74722B40 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmSetOpenStatus") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x74722B75 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmInstallIMEA") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x74722BAC and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmGetDescriptionA") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x74722BE2 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmGetDescriptionW") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x74722C1A and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmGetIMEFileNameA") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x74722C52 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmGetIMEFileNameW") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x74722C8A and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmSetHotKey") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    address 0x74723168 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    not be found (127).

    Regards,
    Anton.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Dependency Walker has a feature called "Profiling". Load Regsvr32.exe in
    > Depends, and then start Profiling. In the parameters section, add
    > jscript.dll. The DLL registration will continue, with the detailed verbose
    > information. This info can help.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > MPR.dll warning unresolved import due to a missing export function in a
    > > delayload dependent module.
    > > Besides a missing msjava.dll, that's the only other warning.
    > >
    > > Regarsd,
    > > Anton.
    > >

    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Anton,
    > >>
    > >> 0x80004005 (Unspecified error) is a vague error code. Download Dependency
    > >> Walker utility (depends.exe) and load JScript.dll. Make a note of the
    > >> error
    > >> message displayed by Depends. Ignore any errors related to msjava.dll,
    > >> and
    > >> note down the remaining ones.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Interesting! That module does not show-up when I do the Profiling in my
    system. Perhaps extracting a new copy of this file (MSCTF.DLL) will help?

    --

> [...]
    > not be found (127).
    >
    > Regards,
    > Anton.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Dependency Walker has a feature called "Profiling". Load Regsvr32.exe in
    >> Depends, and then start Profiling. In the parameters section, add
    >> jscript.dll. The DLL registration will continue, with the detailed
    >> verbose
    >> information. This info can help.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "averbunt" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > MPR.dll warning unresolved import due to a missing export function in
    >> > delayload dependent module.
    >> > Besides a missing msjava.dll, that's the only other warning.

  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    From where and how (because I'm upgraded to SP2 and my CD is winXP sp1)?

    Regards,
    Anton.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> [...]
    > > at
    > > address 0x74722C52 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    > > not be found (127).
    > > GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmGetIMEFileNameW") called from "MSCTF.DLL"
    > > at
    > > address 0x74722C8A and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    > > not be found (127).
    > > GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmSetHotKey") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    > > address 0x74723168 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could
    > > not be found (127).
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Anton.
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Dependency Walker has a feature called "Profiling". Load Regsvr32.exe in
    > >> Depends, and then start Profiling. In the parameters section, add
    > >> jscript.dll. The DLL registration will continue, with the detailed

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    In that case, the updated files would be in Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386
    folder. Not sure if extracting would work, but worth a try.

    Also, msjava.dll did not exist in my system (removed in SP1a / SP2)

    --

> [...]
    >> > at
    >> > address 0x74722C1A and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure
    >> > could
    >> > not be found (127).
    >> > GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmGetIMEFileNameA") called from
    >> > "MSCTF.DLL"
    >> > at
    >> > address 0x74722C52 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure
    >> > could
    >> > not be found (127).
    >> > GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmGetIMEFileNameW") called from
    >> > "MSCTF.DLL"
    >> > at
    >> > address 0x74722C8A and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure
    >> > could
    >> > not be found (127).
    >> > GetProcAddress(0x00000000, "ImmSetHotKey") called from "MSCTF.DLL" at
    >> > address 0x74723168 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure

Microsoft Windows XP