XP Folder properties window will not open

The folder properties menu does no open form most of my folders. It works for
drive roots and 'my documents' but none of the subfolders (this is a general
comment and may not be 1005 accurate, although it seems true)

This happens when I use the both the right-click or file menu method.

i am logged in as administrator.

Malfor,

Are you running Windows XP Professional, with IIS enabled? If so, read here:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/b9824750a8a51f60

Also, see "W3ext Module" paragraph in this page:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org