Info bar missing! (normally: task bar, left to the clock, ..

September 11, 2005 12:20:13 PM

Hi there,
through some uncontrolled mouse move while playing with the task bar I
managed to make by "info bar" disappear. Only the clock is left. All
other bars can be switched on and off correctly.
The option "Hide inactive symbols" under taskbar properties is greyed
out.
What can I do to get my infobar back?
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 2:11:48 AM

Hi,

What exactly is the "info bar" ? Are you referring to the Quick Launch
toolbar?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"ALu2005" <kaffee24@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> through some uncontrolled mouse move while playing with the task bar I
> managed to make by "info bar" disappear. Only the clock is left. All
> other bars can be switched on and off correctly.
> The option "Hide inactive symbols" under taskbar properties is greyed
> out.
> What can I do to get my infobar back?

Anonymous
September 15, 2005 4:29:10 AM

Hi,
in german it is called "Informationsleiste". It's a bit tricky to find
out the english term - "taskbar notification area" is right, I think.
Anyway, I found a Tweak UI setting - "Show taskbar notification icons",
and since then it is back again. I'm still wondering how it got lost in
the first place.
October 29, 2009 1:42:02 AM

I have had the exact same problem, so how do i "tweak UI settings"??
because nothing else seems to work.
!