Motherboards that work with ge4's

G

I bought a ge4 ti4600 and it freezes up everytime I run 3dmark2001 or when I play a game after a few minutes. I have a abit kg7-raid mother board, 1800+ processor and 512 ddr. I've read that my agp slot might not be getting enough power. What motherboards work well with this card.

www.geocities.com/seven7gates/

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Your board should work, use your boards monitoring program to take a record of the voltage levels while you enter a game. If they drop, it's probably your power supply.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

i was reading on a site the other day that they are having problems using geforce4 cards with the 128mb of ram on systems using raid or onboard LAN . It had something to do with using up to much system memory i think even though you have 512. I just briefly read through the artical and did not save it , and i can not find the site now. i have a MSI 6380 w/raid enabled and was thinking of getting the 4600 now i need to find that site again damn. You may want to try disabling the raid and put your drive on your ide 1 and see if that helps. That's if your using raid , if i find the site i will link it.