desktop ripples

G

I recently upgraded my system to include an asus p4b266-c motherboard with a 1.6a P4 socket 478 cpu and 256 meg of
ddr memory. The cards installed are a radeon ve agp 4x /w
32 meg ddr memory, linksys 10/100 lan card, usb 4 port
expansion card, 1394 firewire expansion card and a guillemot maxi sound muse sound card. My problem is that on the desktop, any windows wallpaper or program displayed has these "ripples" off to the right hand side of all the straight line edges. Like dropping a pebble into calm water, it ripples outward, starting fairly large and gradually getting smaller. I thought it might be radeon drivers so I updated those but with no change. Then
I tried another agp graphics card and drivers (asus geforce 2 mx200) but the same problem materialized. When I switched out the video card without installing the drivers the ripples were gone but, with no 32 bit color or any high resolution options. The ripples are small enough to ignore but as with any hard core computer geek, "All problems MUST be fixed!" Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
sounds like the problem i always have on 21 inch monitors, should be some settings to play with on the monitor, maybe change the refresh rate.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.

G

Thanks for the info but I tried changing refresh rates too but still no luck. Any other sugestions? Thanks in advance.