Winmodem in Linux

samcheetah

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2003
i have read numerous of times that winmodems dont work with linux. but is there any way i can make it work in linux. i dont think there are linux drivers for my modem. is there some way i can force it to be used

the modem is a dual chip (thats what the vendor told me) Lucent WinModem which is V.92.

cHeEtAh

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Linux supports WinModems...especially Slackware which works well with older hardware and asks if you want to install a modem during the installation. Another place to look is <A HREF="http://www.linmodems.org/" target="_new">LinModems.org</A> which helps you with installation tips and tricks for your winmodem. I'm sure you can find the answer there. Now you just have to pick the right distribution of Linux.

----------
<b>It is always brave to say what everyone thinks. </b> <i>Georges Duhamel</i>

TKS

samcheetah

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2003
ill check that site and see if i can find the solution. thanx very much for your help. and about choosing the right distro, i will choose red hat 8.0 because it is also installed on some computers in the computer lab of my university. when ill get familiar with linux then ill try other distros

cHeEtAh