cd writing wizard failed to complete

i have a hp zd7010ea which will burn audio to disc but not data ( photo). i
just get the cd writing wizard failed mesage. imapi cd burning is set to auto
and i am using roxio. any tips would be fantasic as i've spent weeks trying
to sort it. i'm no expert by the way !
thanks
--
pete
4 answers Last reply

    Try using a different type of CD-R made by a different company. Lower
    quality medias can give you problems. Also try burning at a slower
    rate. Like if your burner rights at 12x try burning as slow as 2x -
    300kb/s .

    i've tried different discs and also burning at the slowest possible speeds.no
    luck though. ive tried different burning software and i always end up with
    the same error
    --
    pete

    "Gunther" wrote:

    > Try using a different type of CD-R made by a different company. Lower
    > quality medias can give you problems. Also try burning at a slower
    > rate. Like if your burner rights at 12x try burning as slow as 2x -
    > 300kb/s .

    Pete,

    Tell me more about this error message, is it a power calibration eror?

    Steven

    hi the error is
    cd writing wizard has failed to complete task.
    options are then to retry, delete files or save files to try again later. no
    power errors.thanks
    --
    pete

    "Gunther" wrote:

    > Pete,
    >
    > Tell me more about this error message, is it a power calibration eror?
    >
    > Steven

Burner Hewlett Packard CD-Rom Windows XP