regedit, taskmanager

when I try to open either it tells me disabled by administrator.
Well I am the administrator
please help......
2 answers Last reply
More about regedit taskmanager

    "Clyde" <Clyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when I try to open either it tells me disabled by administrator.
    > Well I am the administrator
    > please help......

    To re-enable the Registry Editor (regedit)

    Go to your Start>Run and type the following **exactly between and without
    the Quotes ("")** and watch out for text wrapping.

    "REG ADD HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v
    DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"

    if you cannot still gain access to regedit then type the following in the
    Run > Dialog box **exactly between and without the Quotes ("")** and watch
    out for text wrapping.

    "REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v
    DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"

    To re-enable the Task Manger

    Scan your system for malware and other parasites. Here are some free
    programs.

    Adaware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download

    Spybot - search and destroy

    Trend Micro's Housecall
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    Once your system is cleaned and free of parasites, open the registry
    (Start>Run and type regedit).

    Navigate to the following sub key:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    In the right-hand pane, locate "DisableTaskMgr" and modify the value to 0.

    And Navigate to this following sub key:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    In the right-hand pane, locate "DisableTaskMgr", if present, and modify the
    value to 0.

    --
    William

    Registry Editing has been disabled by your administrator
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/tweakuirest.htm

    Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

    Enable/Disable Task Manager
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:37E776DB-B4E7-490C-B532-7D671C2150B4@microsoft.com,
    Clyde <Clyde@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > when I try to open either it tells me disabled by administrator.
    > Well I am the administrator
    > please help......

Support Regedit Microsoft Windows XP