Clyde

when I try to open either it tells me disabled by administrator.
Well I am the administrator
please help......

"Clyde" <Clyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I try to open either it tells me disabled by administrator.
> Well I am the administrator
> please help......

To re-enable the Registry Editor (regedit)

Go to your Start>Run and type the following **exactly between and without
the Quotes ("")** and watch out for text wrapping.

"REG ADD HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v
DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"

if you cannot still gain access to regedit then type the following in the
Run > Dialog box **exactly between and without the Quotes ("")** and watch
out for text wrapping.

"REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v
DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"

To re-enable the Task Manger

Scan your system for malware and other parasites. Here are some free
programs.

Adaware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download

Spybot - search and destroy

Trend Micro's Housecall
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Once your system is cleaned and free of parasites, open the registry
(Start>Run and type regedit).

Navigate to the following sub key:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
In the right-hand pane, locate "DisableTaskMgr" and modify the value to 0.

And Navigate to this following sub key:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
In the right-hand pane, locate "DisableTaskMgr", if present, and modify the
value to 0.

--
William

Registry Editing has been disabled by your administrator
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/tweakuirest.htm

Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

Enable/Disable Task Manager
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

--