Playing Console Games on The Visiontek Ti4600

dUFF_Man

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2002
Hi guys,

Soryy for bringing this up again but I am planning to buy the visiontek ti4600 for my new comp. Is there any way I can play console games on it? If somone has one and does it or if someone knows any other similar cart (G4 ti) where this can be done let me know, I need to make a decision soon.

:tongue: If <font color=red>Idiots </font color=red>could Fly, the Skies Would Be <b>DARK</b>.

Cstew77

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2002
The only way I can see you playing a console game via a GF4 card is using the PC as a TV - via the composet hook-up. You won't be able to play a PS2 or xbox disk on a PC. Maybe I'm missing the heart of your question...

It's an awesome card - no bundle though...

dUFF_Man

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2002
No no dood, I dont want to put the disc in the comp. I mean i have the systems just want to use my computer moniter and the sound system instead of using the TV. People in my house always want to watch TV and annoy me about my gaming. I dont want to buy a new tv since I have a sweet sound system on my comp(5.1) and a sweet 21" monitor.

:tongue: If <font color=red>Idiots </font color=red>could Fly, the Skies Would Be <b>DARK</b>.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The <A HREF="http://www.viewsonic.com/products/video_vb50hrtv.cfm" target="_new">Viewsonic VB50HRTV</A> will let you put console video (or any single s-video or composite video) on your monitor. It's actually a TV tuner for VGA monitors. It has pass-thru video which means you can use the same monitor for computer usage, television, or console gaming.

I'm not sure how flexible the audio is, though. The VB50HRTV has audio-in and audio-out, both stereo. You can probably send the front sound channel through the device but that would only give you stereo for the console. However, to get surround sound for your console I thing you probably have to move your speaker cables from the sound card to the console.

One good thing is you can watch TV or play console games on your monitor without having to turn on the computer.

I don't own the VB50HRTV but I am considering it. It costs about $100 USD.

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>