Trying to access online bank account

Unable to access my online bank account,Have been given a new access code by
the nabks helpdesk,only it seems to have retained the original access
code.How do i clear this (ps ime a computer thiggy,using Windows xp home and
Internet explorer 6...Cheers Dan Black
4 answers Last reply
More about trying access online bank account

    chris casartelli wrote:
    > Unable to access my online bank account,Have been given a new access
    > code by the nabks helpdesk,only it seems to have retained the
    > original access code.How do i clear this (ps ime a computer
    > thiggy,using Windows xp home and Internet explorer 6...Cheers Dan

    That's between you and your bank.

    If you have a current version of Internet Explorer and have 128 bit
    encryption turned on (is by default) and your network/ISP allows such
    traffic and you have changed your password with your bank technical
    support - then you should be able to connect. If you cannot - you have to
    again contact the bank technical support and figure out what is going wrong.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    You should be able to type the new password in and it will be retained. You
    can try "tools/internet options/content/auto complete/clear passwords".

    Dennis Marks wrote:
    > You should be able to type the new password in and it will be
    > retained. You can try "tools/internet options/content/auto
    > complete/clear passwords".

    Dennis,

    Nice approach. I didn't get that originally out of their post. Could be
    they have the password remembered.. Although I would have assumed when it
    came up and asked, they would have retyped the password.

    Something else they can try to make the computer "forget" the old password..

    Start --> RUN

    control userpasswords2

    OK.

    Then select the "Advanced" tab.
    Click on the "Manage Passwords" button.
    Remove the appropriate password entry (or all of them) and then close that
    window and exit out of the rest.
    Reboot for good measure.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    > chris casartelli wrote:
    >> Unable to access my online bank account,Have been given a new access
    >> code by the nabks helpdesk,only it seems to have retained the
    >> original access code.How do i clear this (ps ime a computer
    >> thiggy,using Windows xp home and Internet explorer 6...Cheers Dan
    >
    > Shenan Stanley wrote:
    >> That's between you and your bank.
    >>
    >> If you have a current version of Internet Explorer and have 128 bit
    >> encryption turned on (is by default) and your network/ISP allows such
    >> traffic and you have changed your password with your bank technical
    >> support - then you should be able to connect. If you cannot - you
    >> have to again contact the bank technical support and figure out what
    >> is going wrong.
    >
    > Dennis Marks wrote:
    >> You should be able to type the new password in and it will be
    >> retained. You can try "tools/internet options/content/auto
    >> complete/clear passwords".
    >
    > Dennis,
    >
    > Nice approach. I didn't get that originally out of their post. Could be
    > they have the password remembered.. Although I would have assumed when it
    > came up and asked, they would have retyped the password.
    >
    > Something else they can try to make the computer "forget" the old
    > password..
    >
    > Start --> RUN
    >
    > control userpasswords2
    >
    > OK.
    >
    > Then select the "Advanced" tab.
    > Click on the "Manage Passwords" button.
    > Remove the appropriate password entry (or all of them) and then close that
    > window and exit out of the rest.
    > Reboot for good measure.
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --
    > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

    Shenan, I tried the control userpasswords2 and it only shows entries for the
    Microsoft Net Passport. Dennis.

Microsoft Windows XP