Third BlueTooth failure in a year!

I've got a Latitude D600 which I've had about a year, and the
BlueTooth module has just failed for the third time. Each time I get
the "some unknown USB device is broken" error message, and I have to
disable the device to stop the continuous error messages (found a new
device, it's broken, BlueTooth is broken, etc).

The first time this happened, it was apparently due to poor connector
mechanicals on the motherboard, so I got a new motherboard and
installed it myself. The second time it went back to the 'depot' so I
don't know for sure what happened to it.

Now it's failed again, is there some known problem with D600s and BT,
or am I just unlucky, and is there any known long-term solution?

Thanks!

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 05:55:08 -0400, William P. N. Smith wrote:

>I've got a Latitude D600 which I've had about a year, and the
>BlueTooth module has just failed for the third time. Each time I get
>the "some unknown USB device is broken" error message, and I have to
>disable the device to stop the continuous error messages (found a new
>device, it's broken, BlueTooth is broken, etc).
>
>The first time this happened, it was apparently due to poor connector
>mechanicals on the motherboard, so I got a new motherboard and
>installed it myself. The second time it went back to the 'depot' so I
>don't know for sure what happened to it.
>
>Now it's failed again, is there some known problem with D600s and BT,
>or am I just unlucky, and is there any known long-term solution?

Normaly its due to a defective connector on the motherboard.
It might be the bluetooth-module, has it been replaced?

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

As a Dell Field Engineer we are always having to replace them on the D600,
and on my own personnal D600 if replaced it 3 times as well

"Fixer" <steve.h1@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>As a Dell Field Engineer we are always having to replace them on the D600,
>and on my own personnal D600 if replaced it 3 times as well

So there's no fix? What do I do when the warranty expires?

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Not sure william if Dell acknowledge its a known problem i have known them
to replace out of warranty