ECC slower than non???

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
I recently ordered a 256MB stick of kingston ddr266 ram, CL 2.5. When it got here the label on the ram said it was ECC, with CL 2.0. Ive heard that ECC ram is slower than non-ECC ram. The memory i recieved is non buffered however. Is ECC slower than non??? If so is it significant? ECC ram is more expensive, but i only paid the non-ECC price. Should i keep what i have??? Thanks.

The first LAN I went to was at a PETA convention. They booted me after I shot a zombie in HL DM!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Keep it and turn off ECC in the BIOS if your motherboard even supports it. If it doesn't, then ECC has no affect on performance. BTW, what does this have to do with graphics cards?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Thanks AMD_Man, now i remember, my mobo does have that option. I put it in the graphics cards section so it would get answered. Who goes to the memory section?

The first LAN I went to was at a PETA convention. They booted me after I shot a zombie in HL DM!