I need to set up a second PC at home (2 daughters in full time education
plus my wife & I heavy users). I have Googled and sought commercial advice
but I wonder if anyone out there could offer some first-hand experience
before I part with any money.

The two desktops will run WinXP Pro but will need to be wireless. They will
need to have access both to the internet and to the My Documents folder and
presumably (?) share a printer.

I am based in the UK and have 1MB broadband (from NTL) through a cable set
top box.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Stuart Reed

Stuart Reed wrote:
> I need to set up a second PC at home (2 daughters in full time
> education plus my wife & I heavy users). I have Googled and sought
> commercial advice but I wonder if anyone out there could offer some
> first-hand experience before I part with any money.
>
> The two desktops will run WinXP Pro but will need to be wireless.
> They will need to have access both to the internet and to the My
> Documents folder and presumably (?) share a printer.
>
> I am based in the UK and have 1MB broadband (from NTL) through a
> cable set top box.
>
> Any advice gratefully appreciated.

I have had a lot of luck with most of the different wireless Cable/DSL
routers out there and the PCI internal (as well as the newer) USB wireless
devices for the PCs. Just grab yourself one name brand for all the
components and get the b/g combo routers. Plug your new router into the
external Internet connection and put the wireless cards/USB devices into the
PCs. Install the software and setup the router according to the
instructions/wizards that come with it and start using...

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP