DVD-ROM doesn't play DVDs

My Optiplex was supplied without many of the drivers and only function as a
CD-ROM. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about doesn play dvds

    No drivers are required for it to play DVDs. DVD player software, however,
    is. It should have come with PowerDVD or something that lets you play DVDs.

    "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
    > My Optiplex was supplied without many of the drivers and only function as
    > CD-ROM. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks.

    No, it came on its own. Is there a download?

    Mark Dunn wrote:
    > No, it came on its own. Is there a download?

    VLC Player will play DVDs for free.

    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    Yes, but not for free. You might try something like WinAmp
    (www.winamp.com). It might play DVDs for free.

    Others here might know too. All my systems came with software.

    Tom
    > No, it came on its own. Is there a download?
    >> No drivers are required for it to play DVDs. DVD player software,
    > however,
    >> is. It should have come with PowerDVD or something that lets you play
    > DVDs.
    >>

    >> "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > My Optiplex was supplied without many of the drivers and only function
    > as
    >> > CD-ROM. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks.

    If the computer came with a DVD, you should be able to download the
    CyberLink PowerDVD from the download site under Video Drivers.

    Clark

    "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
    > No, it came on its own. Is there a download?
    >> No drivers are required for it to play DVDs. DVD player software,
    > however,
    >> is. It should have come with PowerDVD or something that lets you play
    > DVDs.
    >>

    >> "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > My Optiplex was supplied without many of the drivers and only function
    > as
    >> > CD-ROM. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks.

Dell Drivers Optiplex DVD Drives CD-Rom Computers