DVD-ROM doesn't play DVDs

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b \ Driver
July 11, 2005 8:41:41 PM

My Optiplex was supplied without many of the drivers and only function as a
CD-ROM. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks.

More about : dvd rom play dvds

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 11, 2005 9:43:31 PM

No drivers are required for it to play DVDs. DVD player software, however,
is. It should have come with PowerDVD or something that lets you play DVDs.

"Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
news:D au7g5$vm$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> My Optiplex was supplied without many of the drivers and only function as
> CD-ROM. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 11, 2005 10:17:33 PM

No, it came on its own. Is there a download?
> No drivers are required for it to play DVDs. DVD player software,
however,
> is. It should have come with PowerDVD or something that lets you play
DVDs.

> "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D au7g5$vm$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> > My Optiplex was supplied without many of the drivers and only function
as
> > CD-ROM. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks.

a b \ Driver
July 12, 2005 12:01:28 AM

Mark Dunn wrote:
> No, it came on its own. Is there a download?

VLC Player will play DVDs for free.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 12, 2005 12:02:41 AM

Yes, but not for free. You might try something like WinAmp
(www.winamp.com). It might play DVDs for free.

Others here might know too. All my systems came with software.

Tom
"Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
news:D aud3t$h06$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> No, it came on its own. Is there a download?
>> No drivers are required for it to play DVDs. DVD player software,
> however,
>> is. It should have come with PowerDVD or something that lets you play
> DVDs.
>>

>> "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:D au7g5$vm$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>> > My Optiplex was supplied without many of the drivers and only function
> as
>> > CD-ROM. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks.

July 13, 2005 1:41:48 AM

If the computer came with a DVD, you should be able to download the
CyberLink PowerDVD from the download site under Video Drivers.

Clark

!