How to add a media player to "Open With" menu

I would like to add a media player program to the right mouse click
pop up menu that can be used to select an "Open With" . I currently
have MS Windows Media Player and would like to add VLC Media Player to
the menu options when I right click on an .avi or .mpeg file.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Frank
1 answer Last reply
More about media player open with menu

    Right click the type of file you want VLC Media Player to open. Browse to
    it and select it. It will be added to the list.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:i6mai1leavrddht4jke841fbj37kp6svk3@4ax.com,
    ECLiPSE 2002 <fdm2000@comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
    > I would like to add a media player program to the right mouse click
    > pop up menu that can be used to select an "Open With" . I currently
    > have MS Windows Media Player and would like to add VLC Media Player to
    > the menu options when I right click on an .avi or .mpeg file.
    >
    > Any assistance would be appreciated.
    >
    > Frank

Media Player Windows XP