Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I used Nlite to make slipstreamed CD of xp for Install. While I was using
Nlite, I noticed that a CD for ""Unattended" Install can be made. Has
anyone ever used the unattended version and if so how does it get the
information (Product Code, Time Zone, etc) for installing XP? Does it
really work?

Thanks for the info

"Jerry" <jhuffman@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
>I used Nlite to make slipstreamed CD of xp for Install. While I was using
>Nlite, I noticed that a CD for ""Unattended" Install can be made. Has
>anyone ever used the unattended version and if so how does it get the
>information (Product Code, Time Zone, etc) for installing XP? Does it
>really work?

The program will ask you for the information, then creates a file called
"winnt.sif". You can open this file in Notepad. The file will be located in
I386 folder. I usually create my own Unattended Disc, but I have tried nLite
and it does work. There are many more unattended options that you can enter
into the winnt.sif file than what nLite provides.

Reference - winnt.sif commands explained
http://unattended.msfn.org/global/reference.htm

--
William

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks WTC for the response. I may get around to making an unattended disk.
AS a curiosity, how do you make your slipstreamed unattended CD if not using
Nlite?
Thanks again
"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Jerry" <jhuffman@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I used Nlite to make slipstreamed CD of xp for Install. While I was using
>>Nlite, I noticed that a CD for ""Unattended" Install can be made. Has
>>anyone ever used the unattended version and if so how does it get the
>>information (Product Code, Time Zone, etc) for installing XP? Does it
>>really work?
>>

> The program will ask you for the information, then creates a file called
> "winnt.sif". You can open this file in Notepad. The file will be located
> in I386 folder. I usually create my own Unattended Disc, but I have tried
> nLite and it does work. There are many more unattended options that you
> can enter into the winnt.sif file than what nLite provides.
>
> Reference - winnt.sif commands explained
> http://unattended.msfn.org/global/reference.htm
>
> --
> William

TRENDING THREADS