Directory listing is blue!!

September 12, 2005 3:02:09 PM

Today someone showed me a screen shot of his My Documents folder. Most
of the file listings are BLUE! Some are in black as normal.

I noticed some .bmp files and some were listed in blue and some were
listed in black. They had the same icon in front of the file name.

The question is ---- why are some listings in blue?

I noticed in my My Documents that some of the icons are blue but all
file listings are black.

We are curious as to why some are colored blue and some not. Everything
is working so it's not a big problem but we would like to know what
causes the blue listings.

More about : directory listing blue

September 12, 2005 6:03:46 PM

az-willie wrote:
> Today someone showed me a screen shot of his My Documents folder. Most
> of the file listings are BLUE! Some are in black as normal.
>
> I noticed some .bmp files and some were listed in blue and some were
> listed in black. They had the same icon in front of the file name.
>
> The question is ---- why are some listings in blue?
>
> I noticed in my My Documents that some of the icons are blue but all
> file listings are black.
>
> We are curious as to why some are colored blue and some not.
> Everything is working so it's not a big problem but we would like to
> know what causes the blue listings.

The "blue" files are compressed

--
Mike Pawlak
Anonymous

MAP said on 9/12/2005 11:03 AM:

>az-willie wrote:
>

>>Today someone showed me a screen shot of his My Documents folder. Most
>>of the file listings are BLUE! Some are in black as normal.
>>
>>I noticed some .bmp files and some were listed in blue and some were
>>listed in black. They had the same icon in front of the file name.
>>
>>The question is ---- why are some listings in blue?
>>
>>I noticed in my My Documents that some of the icons are blue but all
>>file listings are black.
>>
>>We are curious as to why some are colored blue and some not.
>>Everything is working so it's not a big problem but we would like to
>>know what causes the blue listings.
>>

>The "blue" files are compressed

=======
Ahh, thank you very much. I found the setting under the My Documents
directory properties where he has probably got a check mark to compress
all the files in the directory. He may have had that checked at some
time and then unchecked it because not all of the files are listed in blue.

I wonder if we uncheck the box to compress the files if they will
automagically be uncompressed. Hmmmm.

We used to compress our drives in the old days because they were so
small but there's not much reason to compress them now.

--
I don't hate Bush ... I hate what he DOES ... you're damned right I do.

No .. No .. I < do > hate Bush. I hate him BECAUSE of what he does.

So call me a proud Bush Hater.
!