How do I get my taskbar to revert back to a horizontal dis..

I would like my windows taskbar to revert to a horizontal display. I turned
my back on my little brother for like two seconds and when I looked at my
screen again my Windows XP taskbar was set to a vertical display. Please tell
me what I need to press or where I need to go to revert back to a horizontal
display. Thank you
3 answers Last reply
More about taskbar revert back horizontal

    Try this.

    Right click the taskbar then click to clear the Lock Taskbar option.

    Left click, hold down the button and drag the Taskbar down to the bottom.

    Right click the taskbar then click Lock the Taskbar.

    Now it can't be moved or resized unless the Lock Taskbar option is cleared
    again.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:B27F8ADF-75EA-4FDD-9797-41EC915E418C@microsoft.com,
    sweeve <sweeve@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I would like my windows taskbar to revert to a horizontal display. I
    > turned my back on my little brother for like two seconds and when I
    > looked at my screen again my Windows XP taskbar was set to a vertical
    > display. Please tell me what I need to press or where I need to go to
    > revert back to a horizontal display. Thank you
  2. Thank you. This certainly helped me.
  3. hi, this worked perfectly. keeping the taskbar locked is a good rule of thumb.

    Quote:

    Try this.

    Right click the taskbar then click to clear the Lock Taskbar option.

    Left click, hold down the button and drag the Taskbar down to the bottom.

    Right click the taskbar then click Lock the Taskbar.

    Now it can't be moved or resized unless the Lock Taskbar option is cleared
    again.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:B27F8ADF-75EA-4FDD-9797-41EC915E418C@microsoft.com,
    sweeve <sweeve@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I would like my windows taskbar to revert to a horizontal display. I
    > turned my back on my little brother for like two seconds and when I
    > looked at my screen again my Windows XP taskbar was set to a vertical
    > display. Please tell me what I need to press or where I need to go to
    > revert back to a horizontal display. Thank you

    Quote:

    I would like my windows taskbar to revert to a horizontal display. I turned
    my back on my little brother for like two seconds and when I looked at my
    screen again my Windows XP taskbar was set to a vertical display. Please tell
    me what I need to press or where I need to go to revert back to a horizontal
    display. Thank you

Taskbar Windows XP Displays