MS Office 2000 small business loading

X I purchased Word Perfect for my new Dell computer thinking it would simply
replace MS Word from my old computer. Then, I discovered that recepients
couldn't open my Word Perfect attachments; so, I loaded my old MS Office 2000
onto my new computer to get the MS Word program. Now, when replying to or
forwarding emails using an Earthlink email program I am prompted to install
the MS Office 2000 disk to get the unavailable features I require. After Xing
out or closing a couple of windows, I am able to reply to or forward the
email normally. How do I stop these prompts?
--
Thanks, Hplar
2 answers Last reply

    "Hplar" <grindland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >X I purchased Word Perfect for my new Dell computer thinking it would
    >simply
    > replace MS Word from my old computer. Then, I discovered that recepients
    > couldn't open my Word Perfect attachments; so, I loaded my old MS Office
    > 2000
    > onto my new computer to get the MS Word program. Now, when replying to or
    > forwarding emails using an Earthlink email program I am prompted to
    > install
    > the MS Office 2000 disk to get the unavailable features I require. After
    > Xing
    > out or closing a couple of windows, I am able to reply to or forward the
    > email normally. How do I stop these prompts?
    > --
    > Thanks, Hplar
    Remove Office.
    Your recipients should have been able to open Word Perfect documents. The
    Word documentation has a lot of information about going from Word Perfect to
    Word.
    In addition, if you don't want to impose that task on them, you can create
    Word documents with Word Perfect.
    Jim

    Jim,
    If you do want to keep the WORD application loaded, you need to use the
    "CUSTOM" install featured on set - up of the Office 2000 disk.
    Once you are there, check off all of the components you want to work without
    having to use the disk ... it's fairly self-explanatory as you browse the
    settings.

    "Jim" wrote:

    > "Hplar" <grindland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >X I purchased Word Perfect for my new Dell computer thinking it would
    > >simply
    > > replace MS Word from my old computer. Then, I discovered that recepients
    > > couldn't open my Word Perfect attachments; so, I loaded my old MS Office
    > > 2000
    > > onto my new computer to get the MS Word program. Now, when replying to or
    > > forwarding emails using an Earthlink email program I am prompted to
    > > install
    > > the MS Office 2000 disk to get the unavailable features I require. After
    > > Xing
    > > out or closing a couple of windows, I am able to reply to or forward the
    > > email normally. How do I stop these prompts?
    > > --
    > > Thanks, Hplar
    > Remove Office.
    > Your recipients should have been able to open Word Perfect documents. The
    > Word documentation has a lot of information about going from Word Perfect to
    > Word.
    > In addition, if you don't want to impose that task on them, you can create
    > Word documents with Word Perfect.
    > Jim

Microsoft Word Computers Office Windows XP