X I purchased Word Perfect for my new Dell computer thinking it would simply
replace MS Word from my old computer. Then, I discovered that recepients
couldn't open my Word Perfect attachments; so, I loaded my old MS Office 2000
onto my new computer to get the MS Word program. Now, when replying to or
forwarding emails using an Earthlink email program I am prompted to install
the MS Office 2000 disk to get the unavailable features I require. After Xing
out or closing a couple of windows, I am able to reply to or forward the
email normally. How do I stop these prompts?
--
Thanks, Hplar

Jim

"Hplar" <grindland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>X I purchased Word Perfect for my new Dell computer thinking it would
>simply
> replace MS Word from my old computer. Then, I discovered that recepients
> couldn't open my Word Perfect attachments; so, I loaded my old MS Office
> 2000
> onto my new computer to get the MS Word program. Now, when replying to or
> forwarding emails using an Earthlink email program I am prompted to
> install
> the MS Office 2000 disk to get the unavailable features I require. After
> Xing
> out or closing a couple of windows, I am able to reply to or forward the
> email normally. How do I stop these prompts?
> --
> Thanks, Hplar
Remove Office.
Your recipients should have been able to open Word Perfect documents. The
Word documentation has a lot of information about going from Word Perfect to
Word.
In addition, if you don't want to impose that task on them, you can create
Word documents with Word Perfect.
Jim

Jim,
If you do want to keep the WORD application loaded, you need to use the
"CUSTOM" install featured on set - up of the Office 2000 disk.
Once you are there, check off all of the components you want to work without
having to use the disk ... it's fairly self-explanatory as you browse the
settings.