Your question

Request for article...

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gaming
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 27, 2002 3:37:05 PM

I've had a TNT2 for some time now and felt it was time to get something newer due to the amount of gaming I have been doing lately. I purchased a Geforce4 Ti 4400 card and brought it home and threw it in my gaming system.

It looks great compared to my old card but I can't help feeling that I'm not doing everything I could to improve the picture. I don't mean overclocking, I mean as far as setting go. Eg. anti-aliasing mode, opengl or directx, resolution/refresh rate.....

There was no good documentation regarding what the best settings to use are. An article on Tom's Hardware about all these things would be extremely valuable to most readers. Anyway it's just a though.

In war the idea is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his.

More about : request article

March 27, 2002 4:10:10 PM

Requests for an article are best sent in e-mail to the authors.

Bad trolls Bad trolls... Whacha gonna do... Whacha gonna do when they post here too...
March 27, 2002 5:54:46 PM

thats ok ill post it here thanks

In war the idea is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his.
Related resources
March 27, 2002 6:31:19 PM

I think there's a reason there aren't any articles on this...it varies with every card. In fact, it not only varies with each card but with each system each card is used on...and not only that it varies with each version of every driver for every card and it varies with each operating system with each version of every driver for each card in every system.

Get the picture? Its up to every user to constantly fiddle with their settings to get the quality/performance settings for them cause this also varies with each user...definitely not a guide in site for this...

"OOOOO Shiny things. I can make powerful equipment with shiny things!" - The imp Butler from BGII
March 27, 2002 10:00:49 PM

Quote:
thats ok ill post it here thanks

You're pretty thick, aren't you?

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
March 27, 2002 10:05:55 PM

what makes me thick fatburger? don't understand. i didnt mean anything to come across badly. you guys must have had a bad day at work or something lol.

March 28, 2002 2:49:57 PM

Let me spell it out for you: <b>posting a request for an article here will be completely fruitless and merely spams the forum for no reason.</b>

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
March 28, 2002 3:02:28 PM

I don't think you understood what I ment.

THG authors don't read this forum. They don't pay attention to any article requests here. If you want them to actualy hear your oppinion, e-mail them.

Bad trolls Bad trolls... Whacha gonna do... Whacha gonna do when they post here too...
March 29, 2002 2:01:47 AM

THANK YOU phsstpok
I guess I should have just made the subject of my post something else. I appreciate your help.

You guys really should lighten up a little ;-)

March 29, 2002 4:35:41 PM

If you were looking for information on it, you should've said so. All you said was that you wanted an article written by the THG staff about this.

!