Wireless connection dropping

Hello,
I am having problems with my wireless connection totally dropping off.
It drops for anywhere between 30 and 60 seconds. Enough time to
completely log me off the net. I have 1 pc wired directly to the router
and that keeps its connection. So I know it isn't the cable signal. I
have 3 laptops that have wireless connections. All three laptops are
having the signal go from excellent to nothing. I bought a new router
thinking it must be the problem. But I am having the same issue with
the new router. Two of the laptops are running XP and the third is
Windows Millenium. I have called D-Link to see what they think the
problem could be and they told me it was my cordless phone. Which
doesn't make any sense, because I have had both the phone and the
wireless network for over a year now and have never had this problem
until last week. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless connection dropping

    brupatti Wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am having problems with my wireless connection totally dropping off.
    > It drops for anywhere between 30 and 60 seconds. Enough time to
    > completely log me off the net. I have 1 pc wired directly to the
    > router
    > and that keeps its connection. So I know it isn't the cable signal.
    > have 3 laptops that have wireless connections. All three laptops are
    > having the signal go from excellent to nothing. I bought a new router
    > thinking it must be the problem. But I am having the same issue with
    > the new router. Two of the laptops are running XP and the third is
    > Windows Millenium. I have called D-Link to see what they think the
    > problem could be and they told me it was my cordless phone. Which
    > doesn't make any sense, because I have had both the phone and the
    > wireless network for over a year now and have never had this problem
    > until last week. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

    Try updating the firmware for your router if you have not already done
    so.

    --
    Evolution54

Wireless Connection Windows XP